• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

un enfant est né (birthing); Amorette, Felinae, etc.

la jeune fille marquée

The third child is the easiest birth yet. Or perhaps by now, Minette is used to the pangs of labor.
    It begins at night, as all of her pregnancies have ended, while the stars are out and Felinae and Besra are sleeping. The gray mare moves away quietly, unwilling to disturb them. Leck's attack and the viciousness of the winter they spent is still fresh in all of their minds. As such, this child will be born in a different spot from where her older brother and sister came into the world.

When Minette is confident she is far enough to keep from waking the pair, but close enough if they need her, she gives in to her labor completely. Her knees buckle and she slips to the ground. The urge to push grips her body, and with little conscious effort on her part, instinct takes over and a baby is born.

The child is as dark as the two before her, but Minette knows that she will lighten. Gently, with practiced ease, the third time mother vigorously grooms her daughter, cleaning and warming her at once.

Hello Amorette. I am your maman.

It is strange to give birth alone, but Minette finds she does not mind it. The first two times she needed the dubious reassurance that Gryffen's presence provided, but this time she is grateful for the quiet peacefulness just as the sun rises. Joints protesting, Minette stands and nudges the little girl.

Come, petit. You must stand and eat.” Her voice is gentle, soft and filled with love. Minette discovers that her heart is full of love for her daughter, just as it was for the ones who came before her. She touches the tiny creature with a joyful feeling and a smile on her face. "Soon, the rest of your family will want to meet you."

Just like the labour pains the mother, it isn’t entirely comfortable for the child either. But it is the child’s luck to forget about it rather quickly. First there was a comfortable warmth and after being forced out she now finds herself in a cold world. The big bad world it is, all though that was something the dark filly had yet to experience.

It is the sudden cold that causes the reflex that makes her start breathing and instantly icy air feels her lungs. The soft sound that forms deep within her throat is a displeased and shocked one. The newborn girl isn’t able to understand what is happening to her. As the smoky black girl lifts her head from the ground she curiously takes in her new surroundings, but soon her attention focusses entirely on the pale gray mare.

Without understanding why she instantly feels at ease and comfortable with the mare, relaxing as her mother’s tongue clears away the sticky liquid that makes her feel so cold. She nickers softly, or at least, that is what she tries to do, as she cannot form the correct sound just yet.

Both instinct and her mother’s soft urge is what helps the young child to her feet. Of course it doesn’t go within one try and she tumbles back on the ground time after time as her legs just don’t want to cooperated. When she finally manages to keep her still somewhat damp body up in the air and make a few steps without instantly dropping to the ground again, she turns to look at her mother with an almost euphoric look upon her face. ”M-Ma-“ she struggles to speak, trying to address her mother.

It is only after a few more tries that she moves on, already forgotten about her attempt to speak and talk back. Instead she has find something more interesting, once again to both her instincts and her mother’s guidance. Her empty stomach is growling, but the nitrous substance her Maman produces calms it down pretty easily. Soon she pulls away again, stumbling a little as she loses her footing, but not the less sated now she feels full.

amorette

la petite papillon

image © jennifer heinen

felinae
    I'm so excited, delighted. I won't deny it or fight it.

Ever since her daughter’s birth she hadn’t felt safe enough to lie down and sleep stretched out next to the black and blue girl. Minette was there with them, always watching over and making sure they don’t lack anything. But too many things had happened and Felinae was too troubled by them to just lie down as a naïve and unknowing child. Resting like this has started to wear her down, but Besra’s safety was most important.

The first sign of the approaching day is enough to wake her as her sleep is light. In order to get the stiffness out of her body she moves, rolling her shoulders, stretching her legs and walking a few steps before she lowers her head to the ground. Gently her muzzle trails through the sky blue mane of her daughter, murmuring sweet nothings to the girl. ”Besra, it’s time to get up.”

Every time her eyes land upon the steadily growing girl her heart flutters and hurts at the same time. She is full of motherly love, but at the same time Besra reminds her of Zeik with every little thing she does. It has almost been a year since she had last seen the blue roan stallion and Felinae misses him, she misses him badly. He doesn’t even know that they have a daughter yet, a beautiful one too.

It is only when Besra scrambles to her feet that Felinae looks up, her eyes searching for the form of the gray mare. Panic rushes over her when she doesn’t see Minette. Only after a few seconds she does realise that her friend must have sought a private place to give birth.

”Oh, Min, she’s beautiful!” The look upon Minette’s face causes Felinae to smile too. It has been a while since she has seen such a sincere smile upon her friend’s face. Her gaze travels to the filly at her own side and the cobalt blue roan mare lowers her head to gently touch Besra’s shoulder. ”Look, Besra, you’ll have someone to play with now.” Gently she pushes the girl forward, towards the new mother and child. ”See  how little and small she is, you’ll have to look out for her, okay?”

With that she steps forward, pressing her nose gently against Minette’s shoulder. ”What is her name?” she asks softly. The air around them is light, like finally something good had come upon their paths. With a smile Felinae moves away a little, giving Minette and her child the space they need.

OOC: CAAAAL I'm sorry for the slight powerplay, hope you don't mind? Otherwise I'll change it a bit ^^
    [Image: felinae_zpsxzrcory8.gif]

la jeune fille marquée

Minette offers a tired smile to her friend. In this moment, especially, she is grateful to have someone else with whom she feels a kinship. She would never have dreamed that such a gift could have come to her here, of all places. The land where she has been beaten and raped and even attacked by her own child. It almost makes the lonely, weary years worth the pain to see Felinae and her joyful countenance.

And perhaps, she thinks, perhaps this will not be all there is in life for us. For our girls and ourselves.

For so long Minette has resigned herself to this fate, that she would be at the whim of those stronger than her, that her life would never be her own. But now, with a certain golden stallion, Min begins to see the possibilities that the future might hold. Her fate, her future, a choice of her own making.

Thank you, Felinae. We are blessed, both with two beautiful little girls.” Minette says in her gentle tones, before nuzzling her daughter's side. No matter how any of her children have begun life, she cares for them with every fiber of her being. Her heart fills with an aching love, the desire to protect and hold close a strong one.

Her name is Amorette.” Minette offers a warm, playful look towards little Besra. “You and Amorette will be good friends, I think. I expect the two of you will be quite a bit of trouble for your mama and I.

The feeling of lightness is catching, and in the unusually warm spring air, Minette feels peace. As the two fillies look one another over, the gray mare addresses a quiet question to her friend.

"Do you feel brave, Felinae? Perhaps, brave enough to forge a different path for us and our girls?"

In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different

She doesn’t understand the urgency in her mother’s voice as the towering mare pushes her awake. She blinks her pale blue eyes and rouses herself, stretching out that sturdy little back before shaking her head and whinnying softly in reply to her mother’s command. They find the pale grey mare quickly, and the surprise hidden behind her is something that causes Besra’s ears to perk up and her eyes to grow wide. After the incident with the horned one the little roan girl had been wary of any of the original mountain dwellers. She still keeps the image of the bright red spray of blood fresh in her mind. But this - this was different.

“A baby!” She squeals, edging closer to let her nose run over the smaller girl’s fur. Meekly she glances at Minette, hoping that she hasn’t overstepped her boundaries. But she’s so excited she can’t help touching the girl once more. “Amorette.” She whispers, smiling broadly before shivering with happiness. A playmate! A friend! She glances between the adults, tail wagging in joy as she tries her hardest to contain herself. “I’ll look after her. Don’t worry.” She promises, making herself comfortable near the younger girl.

She was beautiful. The mother’s are talking, but she can’t be bothered at the moment, she’s so focused on the tiny bundle. Her mind is already filled with the endless possibilities. They’ll play, be best friends! It’d been so lonely - but not anymore. Finally, they seemed like one big, happy family.

Besra
    the blue child of Zeik and Felinae

When she moves away from her maman’s side she is instantly confronted by two other beings. The first dark blue and tall, even taller than her maman, and the second one from more of her own height, all though the black and blue filly is much taller than her, and age. ”Ma.. Maman?” Both curiously and shyly Amorette looks at them, but only from the secured spot at her maman’s side.

She doesn’t understand  the meaning of the words between the two adults yet, but for now it’s good enough that she understands the feeling that comes with them. Like she would recognize the emotion in her maman’s voice and the way the words would be addressed towards her. So a small smile stretches on Amorette’s lips as she hears the gentle words along with the gently nuzzle on her side.

Then she hears her name and her head tilts a little to the side as she follows her maman’s gaze just as she can feel the light touch upon her neck. As she shies away from the touch her eyes meet the ones of the black roan filly. ”Friends?” she asks, using the same word as her maman had just used when she had been talking to the other girl. All though she still feels shy and even a little insecure, she is just as excited as the blue haired filly.

With her maman chatting away with the blue mare she relaxes a little, finding confidence in the light mood. With a few wobbly steps – balancing is still hard for her – Amorette moves closer towards the other girl. This time it is her nose that reaches out, curving her short neck slightly, to touch Besra’s shoulder. ”Me Amorette. You?”

amorette

gryffen and minette's petite papillon

image © jennifer heinen

felinae

It was already a year ago that she had arrived at the mountain herd. A year that she had spent without Zeik, without knowing how he was doing, without him knowing about their baby girl. At first it had been Felinae’s plan to leave once the year had passed, after all, the challenge had been for a year only. That Gryffen had won by default didn’t change a thing about that. Honestly, the bluish girl suspects that he wouldn’t let her leave that easily, but it had been her plan nonetheless.

Well, that had been until she had met Minette. All though her heart longs to see Zeik again, to live at his side without living in fear, she knows she wouldn’t be able to leave if that meant that she had to leave her dear friend behind. It was only because of Min that she was doing this well. Sure the birth of her daughter and the hard winter had been a big impact on her body – from which she was still recovering, every day she felt more energetic and she had started to gain weight again – but if the pale gray mare hadn’t been around she wasn’t so sure if they would’ve made it. And like Minette had been there for her, Felinae wants to be there for her friend in return.

Instantly Besra is next to the little girl, almost too excited and looking like she’s ready to jump the herd’s newest addition. Felinae can’t help but to feel a little flustered for her daughter’s bold actions, yet at the same time she’s happy to see her daughter like this. It would be good for her to have a friend to play and learn with. ”Besra” she calls the girl gently, hoping that this would be enough to warn her daughter to be careful and a little more thoughtful, all though Min doesn’t seem to mind it much.

She smiles softly. ”I’m sure they will be, but I’m glad they can grow up together.” Her words are directed at Minette, as Besra is already at the girl’s side. Her heart flutters as she looks at the pair and she is grateful that her friend birthed this little girl and Felinae honestly hopes that Amorette doesn’t take after Gryffen a slightest bit. Leck had scared her and she’s happy that Besra now has someone to play with.

Brave? Was she brave? Honestly, not really. Not when it was for her own sake, but now she has Besra too. Felinae keeps silent for a moment before lifting her head a little to meet Minette’s gaze. Yes, she wants to be, she wants to have a better and safe life for her daughter, but at the same time she’s hesitant. ”I.. I’ll have to be.. For Besra’s sake” she eventually replies, silently wondering what her friend exactly was implying. Did she have a plan? Could they really leave the mountains behind? Her heart flutters as she thinks of home and the chance to see Zeik again. Yes. She would be brave, not only for herself, but also for her friend and their two little girls.

la jeune fille marquée

Minette watches the two little girls. She remembers being young, feeling young. She remembers having hopes and dreams and the illusion that life was nothing but good things. And while she knows that someday Besra and Amorette will learn that the world is not only sunshine and rose, the gray mare would give a great deal for the fillies to discover life's hardships as late as possible. As well, Min think with a sidelong glance at her cobalt blue friend, Felinae deserves a better life. The pretty blue mare has been wasting away over the last year and her friend cannot stand by any longer.

Of herself, Minette thinks very little. Her scars and her past are too filled with demons to quickly release her.

We both will have to be.

She was brave, once before, in an outpouring of love for her first child. Anguisette is now lost to her, although never forgotten, and Leck has become his father's spectre. Perhaps if she had possessed courage with Leck, he would not have become- She shakes her head, denial a more comfortable occupation. It is too son. The gray mare cannot confront her feelings here, in this desolate place.

It's been a year since you arrived. And nearly that since we have seen Gryffen.” Minette does not mention the night he appeared, demanding another child from her. She keeps her voice low, so as not to upset the children. “The ravens are still here, but with no one to report to... I think now is the time to leave, Fel. If you want to return to Zeik, I understand, or you could join me in a kingdom.

Minette hides a blush at that. There would be time to reveal the love she feels for a certain golden stallion. Now, she hopes, Felinae will agree with her, and perhaps even spend time in the Gates with her. Herd life has lost its charm for the gray mare. She noses her friend gently in a gesture of solidarity.

Wherever you go, I will see you there safely. I think as a group we will do better.

Minette's heart fills with possibilities. She can almost taste freedom, and she wonders how the rest of the world will compare to the only place she's known in this land.

felinae

An encouraging smile lies upon her lips as she meets Besra’s gaze for a moment, nodding briefly before turning her head to look at the older mare beside her. It isn’t the first time that the blue girl looks at the gray mare, her eyes almost shamelessly roaming across Min’s body. And just like other time’s it shocks her how marked she is. Until Gryffen had come along Felinae hadn’t learned of any bad things in life, she never experienced them until he pulled her out of her home.

She had cried like a little kid, totally unsure of what to do, or how to behave and how to meant her broken heart. A heart that still longed it’s other half. But she had been forced to grow up, rather harshly too, as Feli learned about the dark sides of life. And she had to be and behave like an adult now, for Besra’s sake that was. Yet she was sure that she wouldn’t have been able to do it all without Minette’s support and guidance.

”For the girls..” she mumbles as Min replies, dropping her head slightly as fear started to take over again. Snorting softly the cobalt blue roan presses her nose against the gray mare’s shoulder, finding support and care in just Minette’s presence.

Her stomach flutters. Both of hope and her almost childish excitement to be able to see Zeik again. She longs to hold him close, to introduce him to their daughter, to fly to the sky again together once again. And the feeling is stronger than fear – at least for now that is. While her gaze travels back to the two girls she shakes her head. ”I.. I want to go back to Zeik’s side again, but I have to think of Besra too. I don’t want to pull her away from the few things familiar to her, away from you and Amorette.”

That didn’t mean that she wouldn’t look for her love though. She wants, needs, to see him again, to make sure that he is safe and unharmed, that he is doing well, but she knows she cannot look for him without neglecting Besra in the process. And the black and blue little girl comes first. With a small – hesitant – smile Felinae returns the gesture, pressing her muzzle back against her friend. ”We’ll come with you, Min. After all, I have to make sure you and Amorette are safe and well too.”

[Image: felinae_zpsxzrcory8.gif]