• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and when I breathed - Draconis, any

But the night fades away and gives way to the day

The filly sidles backwards, giving Rhy space to crawl out from her hiding spot. Was it her turn again now, did she need to scamper off and find a new place to await discovery in? The star-blanketed girl is ready to do just that, but it seems that her guardian has something else planned now instead of another round of their game. Secret? Secrets could be fun. Draconis nods, indeed wanting to know what secret the gold and white mare was about to reveal. She's not sure what to expect, but the sight of the horse before her shapeshifting into a lioness hadn't even entered her realm of possibilities. She didn't even know such a thing was possible. It must be magic! After she gets over her shock and retrieves her lower jaw from the Jungle floor, she grins with excitement.

Rhy shifts back into her equine form, a sight that was just as marvelous to watch as the previous transformation had been. Her guardian did have more than one trick up her sleeve, as she said. First the electricity creation, and now this. What else could the mare do? The black filly's head tilts as she ponders that question. It was a good thing for her that Rhy was not the cheating sort, for as a lioness she could have done any number of things to evade being Sought, such as climb a tree and hide up among its leafy branches. She bobs her head excitedly at the thought of what other abilities she might learn about in the future, when she was older and could travel about as her guardian did and met horses from other kingdoms. "That is so cool, Rhy! How are you able to do that? "

Draconis

For what else is the night to do?
    Photograph by Isabel Mansfeld

and when i breathed

my breath was lightning

She’d been born with the electric in her veins. And then, the lioness shifting had come easily. The fairies simply gave it to her, without much rhyme or reason. Draconis isn’t particularly put off when Rhy turns into a lioness suddenly, which Rhy finds encouraging. The girl really will do just fine in the Jungle, if she doesn’t mind having sharp teeth and claws so close to her. Most of the other big cats in the Jungle kept away from the horses. There was too much magic running rampant for them to risk it, and besides, they’ve all learned to live in harmony over the years.

“The fairies decided to give me a gift one day. And the last trick I have, well, I nearly died for that one.” She disappears from view all of a suddenly, coming back after a moment in her ethereal form. Gray patches dot her golden coat, though everything about her is dulled in this form. She shimmers and waves a bit, flicking in and out of existence. “I traveled to the end of the world, to save a mare named Gail. But when we returned, Beqanna would not have her. Instead, I was sent into the Afterlife, and hurled back out by the then-dead Vanquish. Though he’s crossed back into the land of the living again, and now rules the Deserts for a second time.”

She flickers back into view, coming fully to life again. There’s so much she can do in her ghost form and so much she can do with the electric that’s she’s hardly scratched the surface of what she’s really capable of. But really, she simply wanted the girl to know every form Rhy could take. It wouldn’t do for her to learn in the wrong way. If Rhy was going to be her Mother, the girl should probably know what her mother might look like each day.

rhy

the electric lioness of riagan and rayelle