• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and at once I knew, I was not magnificent || Any

I can see for miles, miles, miles

She’s trying to joke with him, trying to reassure him as she bleeds openly into the snow. Bleeding from the wounds he had caused. It only makes him feel worse although he tries to weakly smile at her and fails miserably. Kronk urges him to rest and he knows he should but the thought of sleep and dreams fills him with dread. He knows what awaits him in the dream world and he fears it more then he fears the pain and confusion of his new situation. ”I’m sorry.” He repeats dully again as he finally finds his feet and shakily stands up. ”I’m a danger to you all.” He can’t stay here, not when he is unstable. If this world wasn’t made up by Carnage to taunt him and abuse him, then they weren’t safe. He couldn’t let another incident like what happened to Ilka happen again. Not till he could figure out what was wrong with him and how to stop it.

Kronk’s words slowly come back to him, about what had happened to the Gates. The Chamber, it was always the Chamber. It only strengthens his resolve that he needs to leave. If the Chamber found out about the Gates unstable shifter, who knows what they would do to play it to their advantage. ”I should leave.” He burns with shame and pain and the gold flecks dull in the depths of his brown eye as he looks at Ilka, the beautiful mare that he has inflicted with nothing but pain. ”I will never hurt you again.”

Ledger

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and at once I knew, I was not magnificent || Any - by Ledger - 10-04-2015, 01:55 PM