• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm looking for the sky to save me; Zeik
    I'm looking for the sky to save me, 
    looking for a sign of life

She knows he’s manipulating her, knows he’s intentionally pushing her buttons.  But she can’t help it, she can’t let it go.  Who is he to judge her?  He doesn’t know her, doesn’t know what she’s been through.  He should keep his damn opinions to himself.

She takes a step towards him, half ready to rip his head off.  But then he says something that gives her pause.  “If you really wanted to die, you wouldn’t have even indulged me with a reply. You’d be deep underwater by now.”  It strikes a chord with her, somewhere deep inside.  What if he’s right?  What if there’s some tiny little part of her that still wants to live?

But he’s backing up now … giving up.  And her anger blooms.

She takes a few steps forward, following him up the beach and stoping when she’s up to her knees.  Her sodden wings hang limply at her sides.  “Screw you!  You never wanted to save me!”  Her ears lie flat against her dark skull, and her head snakes slightly from side to side.  “You just wanted to be someone’s white knight, to have someone indebted and grateful to you.  Well I’m not going to be that person for you, jackass.”  She takes another step closer, itching to sink her teeth into his shoulder.  “You’re no better than the rest.”

carys
    html by maat

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm looking for the sky to save me; Zeik - by Carys - 09-29-2015, 07:32 PM