• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Not All That Glitters is Gold [Family]

AuroraElis

The day was moving along rapidly.  Lengthening her rather compact stride, she pushes on to reach the lake before nightfall. 

Escence lags, shuffling her feet in penitence.  Her eyes focused on the ground; avoiding contact with either of them.  

The cool fall winds ruffle her gown as they wind through the hills.  Having crossed the river some time ago, the remaining dampness of her legs begins to chill her core.  Her eyes roll back to view the flaming girl as her thoughts go to how nice it must be to have a natural warmth.

It isn't until the lake comes into the distant view that Escence picks up pace.  Her red eyes straining to find evidence that her brother is alive and well.

Daylight begins to subside as they approach the area they have come to inhabit in the Dale.  Still they have found no others that reside here and she wonders silently what happened to them…

Not all that glitters is gold

As Jack stands by the lake, he observes his partner, Amenadiel, and Escence, walking briskly towards him. He notices that Escence is trailing behind. He’s grateful for Amenadiel to watch over them. However, as his attention shifts towards Escence, he starts to feel a sudden surge of anger rising within him. He knows how difficult it is to handle her, and he worries about her safety constantly.

Despite his frustration, he takes a deep breath and tries to control his emotions. He wants what's best for the twins, and he won't let his temper get in the way of that. He gets up and shakes the water from his scales before meeting the trio.

As he approaches Aurora, he's taken aback by her beauty. The setting sun shines on her gown, making her look like a princess. He reaches out his neck to nuzzle her face and mane, whispering softly in her ear. He then turns to Amenadiel and nods, thanking him for keeping Aurora safe.

However, when he turns to Escence, he feels a mix of emotions. He's angry, worried, and scared all at once. He knows that she's always been a handful, and he's afraid that she's becoming more and more like her father every day. He reaches out to her, rubbing her bony face against his scaled face, and apologizes softly.

"I'm sorry, Escence," he says. "I just want you to be safe. I love you both so much."

As he speaks, he's unaware of what Escence has experienced, but he hopes that she understands how much he cares for her. He then looks back up at Aurora, feeling embarrassed for storming off earlier.

"I'm sorry for my behavior," he says. "It's just that Escence can be so stubborn sometimes. But I promise, I'll always be here for both of you."
    Escence & Eviction
    ~Twin Flame~

Spindles of orange and yellow dance along my torched body, even as we cross the cool waters of the river.  Not even their liquid could settle the fire burning this time.

Within my conflicted mind, the events that transpired that day toy with my every emotion.

Anger.

Sadness.

Relief.

It all complies within me and is noticed in the distraction.  My hooves shuffle along the graveled earth, and for a moment I am grateful there is no vegetation here.  I needed no other worries today.

The scent of the freshwater lake fills my nares as we near the area we have settled, at least for now.  My mind comes back to me now, no longer lost in the emptiness of my own thoughts.  Vic! 

I am about to rush to his side, excitement rising in me at the sight of him unscathed.  But my movement is paused as the large bay blocks my path.  Jack brushes his scaled nose against me and for a minute I am confused at the change in his flesh, but also his demeanor.  My wondering if brief as he speaks and for once I listen.  His apology and explanation beckon my own, “I'm sorry for yelling…  Sometimes my emotions become too much for me to handle.”  There is a similarity in their strife, if only his is temporary. 

My red eyes shift again to find my brother and this time I leap forwards.  The flames along my hide dance with delight as I bring myself to him quickly, embracing him with my neck twisted with his.

“Oh Vic I'm so sorry about everything!  I don't ever want to hurt you like that ever again” I sob into his glowing mane.  With my body pressed into his, he feels taller, stronger, more matured.  I feel humbled by him whereas I have always bested him before. 

Sinking into him, I linger just a bit longer.  His subtle flames nothing compared to the inferno of my own.  Still he does not pull away, even if the heat had grown intolerable. 

As I pull away finally, my ears flicker as he speaks calmly, “I didn't know you could fly!” A grin creases his lips as he bumps me with his muzzle.  I laugh lightly, “Neither did I!  I'm just full of surprises aren't I?!” I jest, my muzzle reaching out to him playfully. 

The daylight has already begun to wane as a yawn gapes my jaws.  Sleep has evaded them for much too long and so I walk the distance to the rocky crop out before folding my legs underneath me.  My flame laced face tucks against my belly as I drift off.

//Fire Mimicry-Summer Appearance-Fire Breathing-Water Immunity\\
    Fire Mimicry- Fox Fire, Pheonix-Type Immortality, Fire Wings(developing)

AuroraElis

A smile graces her delicate face as she finds all is as she left it.  Only as they approach does Jack lift himself from the lake waters, causing a hesitation in her step.  

Approaching with observant caution, her head lifts to adjust her view of him.  The scales, though unfamiliar, are not horrid in appearance but she did like the slick deep brown coat he often was adorned in.  Her navy eyes watch to gauge his mood as she nears.  

When he reaches out to her in kindness, she reciprocates happily.  Settling into a resting stance she releases any tension she may have been harboring.

With a gentle flick of her buttermilk tail, she listens as Jack speaks to Escence, and in turn her reply.  Happy they have come to good terms, she smiles.  Seeing Vic, the fiery girl rushes off as anticipated.

Jack speaks and her ear twists to listen.  Nodding her dished face in agreement and understanding, she replies simply, "They are young and still finding themselves.  We must exhibit patience... Even when they push it."  Her eyes remain focused of Jack, "Somedays are harder than others, I'll admit.  But eventually they learn, either by experience or observation."  

Turning her head to look at the twins, now moving towards the shelter, her brow furrows, "Something happened today... I'm not sure what, but when we found her, she was crying and talking hysterically about a fire and Vic being dead.  That she had started the trees on fire and Vic was in them."  She pauses for a moment before looking back to Jack, "I told her it must have been a dream, but I'm not sure it was that... I'd like to go back and check it out."  Her eyes search his face for his thoughts as she waits for his response...

@Jack in the Box
    Jack stood motionless as he watched Escence run off to play with her brother. He couldn't help but feel a tinge of sadness as he realized how much she had grown up. Aurora, his closest friend, approached him and noticed the look on his face. "What's wrong, Jack?" she asked.

Jack sighed and shook his head slightly. "It's just that Escence is growing up so fast," he replied. "It feels like only yesterday she was just a baby."

Aurora smiled at Jack, understanding his sentiment. As they began walking towards the shelter, Aurora explained to Jack the strange things Escence had said to her when they found her.

Jack was confused. "That's weird. But yeah, we can definitely go check it out," he replied.

As they walked, Jack couldn't help but feel a sense of unease. He had always loved the fairies and their magical world, but something had changed lately. He had been feeling an unexplainable anger that was consuming him from within. He knew that something was not right.

"I think the fairies are angry with me because I have scales," Jack confided in Aurora, feeling distressed. He had never felt the fairies' wrath before.

What Jack didn't know was that the anger he had been feeling lately was also the work of the fairies. The fairies were known to be mischievous creatures who often played tricks on humans. They had been manipulating Jack's emotions, hoping to get revenge for something that he might have done unknowingly. Jack couldn't help but wonder what he had done to upset them.

@ AuroraElis

AuroraElis

As they walk at a leisurely pace towards the shelter she listens to Jack, replying as needed.

"We can go check it out soon then... It has been a trying day for everyone, and we could all use the rest," her muzzle reaches to press into his neck in gratitude of his company.

Jack is somber in his tone, a hint of strife in his next words.  Her caramel head nods in understanding of his feelings towards the fae before offering her thoughts, "Their ways are a mystery, but I don't think they harbor malice like us..."  Her internal thoughts go to her first encounters with the fairies and all they have blessed her with, before adding, "Perhaps there is something to be learned?"  Her eyes flicker to him along with her nearest ear to hear a response if one is given.

They finally reach the meager cavern, careful not to awaken the twins who are already melded in each other's flames, she steps lightly around them.  Her ivory muzzle bumps Jack again in a goodnight before her eyelids grow heavy.

@Jack in the Box