• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Not All That Glitters Is Gold [Jack]

AuroraElis

Her distant gaze returns as she realizes Jack is speaking.  "Hmm.  O-oh nothing," she says with a look of perplexion still on her face.  A soft shake to her neck follows as she turns from the pine forests and begins to walk towards the direction in which they had come.  A forced smile tugs at her ivory lips as she reaches to press her muzzle to Jacks flesh.

The words of the horned creature continue to tug at her inner most thoughts.

Our fears only control us as long as we allow them to...

Had this been why Escence seemed more stable these last few months...  The fear of that day, her worst fear, was that what has tamed her?

"Jack," She begins, "I think there is some truth to what she said...  We can't let our fears control us."  The feathers along her back shift gently as she walks.

Picking her way along the river she finds the very place they had crossed.  An ominous feeling comes over her, willing her to look back towards the shadowed edges of forest.

Not all that glitters is gold

Jack tilts his head slightly, eyebrow raised at her, a little worried, but he doesn't want to press it and make her mad. He smiles softly, turning with her as he feels her muzzle rub into him as he leans closer. He can tell that the horned mare stirred something deep within Aurora, but what, he's unsure.

"There is truth to it...it's hard not to. I don't want to give him the power anymore. I just want to be happy and enjoy my life," He runs his head against her back as she leads them towards The Dale.

"Let's go home," he smiles softly, taking the lead as Aurora slows wanting to get out of dodge of the goat-mare in case she decides to come back and torture him some more.

@ AuroraElis