• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[complete]  the night is fading, heart is racing

On her last journey, she had not even been given the faintest chirp of tell-tale crickets to fill the emptiness of the fairies’ silence. In truth, it had rankled her silly childish heart. She is ill-suited to accept failure and rejection, and thus, does not handle them well when they rear their ugly little heads. So, she had left the Mountain in a huff and spent much of the intervening time fuming about the refusal to entertain her whim.

But now she returns, with a cooler head (though she still does not understand why she could not be given what she desires) that she has attempted to fill with placid meekness. She gives no thought as to the sincerity of this demeanor, not realizing that magic could see right through to her soul.

She makes a soft noise this time, foolishly thinking that her own silence last time had prompted the fairies to ignore her. Her neck arches and she stands as tall as her petite frame will allow, attempting to exude confidence, worthiness, and her heightened determination to somehow win an audience with one of the elusive beings.

all I want is a party doll to come along with me when I'm feelin' wild

kalika

image by mac4tu

Kalika has returned to quest for Poison Manipulation (3)
    previous attempt here.
    This time Kalika is not met with silence... but it's also not the sound she was hoping for. She makes a soft noise and in response she receives a gentle serenade of crickets - the very ones that had not even bothered to show up last time.

Progress?

--

Kalika did not successfully roll for a quest. You may try again in 2 weeks from your original post and please link previous refusals when you try again.