• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Crown of Bone and Thorn [PQ Quest]

The instructions were clear, bring back a piece of the mountain goats I sought to resemble.  I wasn't one to normally follow instruction given to me by non-Krampus, but a fairy I wanted something from, I'd consider their request more strongly.

I descended the mythical Mountain and headed back towards the Chamber.  Along the way were plenty of mountains filled with goats of all kinds, and everything that ate them.  I wasn't afraid to tussle with those creatures either, being much larger than a goat and equipped with a set of dagger for horns, I like my odds.

The rugged terrain and lack of groomed paths made the travel hard.  I didn't have the cloven hooves of my wild cousins, but I was fixing to correct that.  Looking up at the craggy formations I can see the sharp rock slats that the goats used to scale the large inclines.  There was no way I was getting to those, so I continue on the gravel path below.

Picking my way through the lowlands I look up periodically to scan the area.  Dusk was soon to stretched across the cloudy skies, so I quicken my pace.  In a few strides there looked to be a path heading slightly up.  I follow it and in a few more strides it bends around a large gray rock.  The path narrows, my coarse bristle hair rubbing against the stone walls on either side of me.  

As I come around the bend the path opens up to a small grassy plain with a water spring bubbling up from the mountains snow melt.  I would expect a haven like this to be bustling but it is quiet... Too quiet.

My ears flicker to a noise coming from above me.  I look up just in time to see a pair of goats leaping from ledge to ledge.  They are moving much too fast for leisure or play.  My silver eyes catch a glimpse of something else moving along the stone ledges.  A sleek tawny creature.

Kreed

Crown of Bone and Thorn

Quest post one
    //Fear Illusionism-Trait Immunity-Goat Mimicry\\
    Goat Mimicry Characteristics- Goat hair, Goat horns, Cloven hooves 
    NPC Cougar-

It moves quickly!  Scaling the rocky cliffs with ease.  Its target is in sight, a large ram.  With swift leaps and bounds it follows the goats every move.  Matching it with just as much speed and agility.  It calls this place home too.

The pair of goats split off.  One jumps left, the other right.  The one headed towards the grassy knoll has made a grave mistake.  It trips on a loose stone and falls off balance.  Stumbling it slides down the rocky cliff and lands on a pile of rubble below.

The cougar takes advantage of the unfortunate luck of the ram.  It follows with grace and speed, lunging from above the goat horse and onto the back of the large ram.  It is injured and now in a vulnerable position.  The cat's large incisors pierce through the jugular, locking the ram to its fate...

[Image: OIP.4UF3AA7qGpmYVDVtWaqbqAHaEg?rs=1&pid=ImgDetMain]

Watching from between the stone hedges I see the ram stumble and fall.  My expression is stoic, and I know what comes next.

It doesn't take long, and it is over.  The victor clear.  I continue to watch as the large cat consumes the warm meat.  Ripping flesh from bone, blood painting the stone around them.  To some it may be a gruesome sight, but for me it was simply life.  

I was in no rush and when the cat had its fill, I could grab my token to bring back to the mountain.  I knew just what I would bring too.  The piece that I sought to give myself...

Kreed

Crown of Bone and Thorn

Quest post two
    //Fear Illusionism-Trait Immunity-Goat Mimicry\\
    Goat Mimicry Characteristics- Goat hair, Goat horns, Cloven hooves