• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  She's Just a Girl, and She's On Fire
    Escence & Eviction
    ~Twin Flame~

Once the land is cloaked in darkness, and I am sure my guardians are sleeping I start to arouse.  My one eye opens just enough that I can spot whether my mother has indeed drifted off.  Seeing the feathered mare lying down a devious smirk tugs at my lips.  The same eye roves over to where Jack stands guard very near her, he too has gone to the other side.  Perfect, I think as my delicate face lifts slowly.

Curled up next to my brother I nudge him with my nose, "Eviction, wake up." I say in a quiet whisper.  He stirs and again I nudge him to wake, "Eviction, lets go."  His head lifts with tired eyes, Huh... What is it?  I hush him quickly, "shhh.  Be quiet you muppet, you wanna get caught!"  He stammers sleepily again, Caught?  What are you talking about?  My eyes give a roll as I lift myself up off the ground quietly.  "You coming or what?" I question as I begin to walk in the direction we had traveled from earlier.

He reluctantly follows with no more than a protest or three. "We'll be fine!" I assure him, though I could not make such promises.  "I wanna go back to the river we crossed and play in the water again," I laugh as I remember the sound I made as my flames sizzled.  My pace quickens, enticing him to speed up.  I-I don't know Escence, this sounds dangerous, he says, forever the voice of reason.  Again, I laugh and tease him, "What you afraid of the dark? Pfft...  Look around Vic, we light up the dark!"  His face scowls at me as he huffs disapproval, but he follows.

How much farther?  He begins to complain, a slight shiver creeping up his spine.  "It's just over here, geez," I reassure him.  The trickling of the water grows louder as they near.  Soon the glow of their bodies reflect off the ripples, creating a fiery looking stream.  "See!  I told you," I leap forwards and prance to the water's edge.  

My excitement grows as I stand looking at my reflection on the surface.  Eviction somberly joins me, looking at himself curiously.  The glow of his mane shows off the clear skull-like markings of his face even in the dark.  He snorts and I bounce into the river.  The droplets meeting my flames fizzle, sending smalls sparks off across my body as the flames reignite.  "Come on in Vic!" I call to him still standing at the river's edge.  

In my playing I do not consider how slick wet rocks are.  I dart to the far side of the river, crawling up the bank and then turn to leap back into the water.  As I turn my hard hoof slides on a slippery stone, twisting my rear leg awkwardly underneath me.  I cry out in pain, as I fall to my knees on the muddy bank.  "Aaahhh,"  I squeal as I lay on my side exposing my injured rear ankle.  Now caked in mud, my flames extinguish, and eyes search for the glow of her brother.  Escence!  He calls out to me, rushing to my side.  "I think I twisted my ankle.  Help me up onto the grass," I say calmly trying to pull myself in the general direction.  He fumbles about trying to figure out the best way to accomplish the task.  Finally settling on helping to push me back up onto my good legs and allowing me to rest my weight on his back, I limp towards the grassy flat --opposite of the Dale.  

Should I go get help?  He questions as I try steadying myself to stand.  I shake my head in protest, "No way!  Mom will kill us!"  He snorts in accusation, his eyes narrowed angrily at me.  "Don't look at me like that... I didn't force you to come," I say in a snarky tone, even though I am glad I am not alone.  My body shivers as the mud continues to cool my body.  "I-I'm cold," I say with chattering teeth.  Eviction moves alongside me, both combining our warmth and holding me up.  I smile happily, my head resting on his back, "Thank you for coming with."  He too smiles as he pronounces silently being my protector.  

The warmth emitted begins to increase just as my eyes had begun to shut.  At first, I think it to be my flames reigniting, but when my eyes open there is a thin glowing veil pulsating around us.  My head lifts as my face turns, noticing the same pulsing was apparent in the glow of Evictions eyes.  "Vic?" I whisper, my voice dipped in concern, "What's happening?"  He remains blankly staring in the opposite direction.  My eyes shift to see a pair of red glowing orbs floating in the darkness.  

I begin to shuffle myself sideways and turn to face the same direction he was staring at the red glow.  Soon I find that the pain in my ankle is gone and again I can move with ease.  My gaze casts out to the shadows and I decide there is something of a memory surfacing around them. 

"Dad?"  I whisper into the darkness, a puff of vapor escaping my lips as my warm breath meets the cool air.  With my ears perked forwards, I take a curious step. Stop, Eviction instructs me.  In most cases I would dismiss his caution, but my movements stop.  I glance to my brother whose eyes still pulse in sync with the orange glow still around them.  In that moment I look around at it, noting that it is clearly not by my doing.  It has a warmth much like my flames, like a comforting embrace.

Within an instant it is gone.  I shift my gaze to my brother whose eyes have gone dim.  "Are you ok?" I ask.  His white masked face turns to me slowly, his pit less eyes roll back as he falls forward faintly.  I quickly reach to brace him and instinctively call out for help...

@ Zain Dear ole dad to the rescue Wink
    //Fire Mimicry-Summer Appearance-Fire Breathing-Water Immunity\\
    Fire Mimicry- Fox Fire, Pheonix-Type Immortality, Fire Wings(developing)

It was only a day or so ago that he watched them cross the water border of the neighboring kingdom.  Diplomatic visits were not his forte, so he hasn't ventured into the mountainous land.  He didn't care much for water either.  He is curious though of his offsprings guardian's plan.  Did they really think moving from the common lands would stop him from intruding on their happy little lives...

As he patrols the adjoining border on his nightly rounds he sees a familiar glow dancing in the darkness.  He stops to watch silently, the red glow of his own eyes the only clue he is here.

Within a few minutes the glow of their flames begin reflecting off the water and he can make out their outlines.  The one of living flame jumps about wildly, an obvious clue to it being his rebellious daughter.  The undead thing grins as he watches her play. He knows she has orchestrated this little adventure.

On the far side he can see the orange glow of his son's mane and tail cautiously approaching the water.  Clearly the boy inherited his mother's genes.  A slight disappointment to say the least.

Their antics are entertaining, but he decides to leave them to their trouble making.  He motions to continue on his guard duties of Pangea's border, that is until a cry lets out and again his attention is brought to the pair.  He does not approach though, not yet.

His sooty ears perk forwards as he watches the pair work out the situation.  Eviction crosses the river now to help his sibling on the other side, the Pangea side.  He assists her as she limps favoring her hindleg.  Escence flames have all but disappeared and so he strains to see just what is happening.

He steps from his hiding place.  Bringing himself a pace or two closer before stopping to see the twins standing together.  It is then Evictions head turns and looks directly at him.  Recognition comes across the boy's expression before a faint orange glow begins to encircle the siblings.  He watches in thought as it stretches farther from them, a light pulsing to its translucent form.  

Escence stirs and is as bewilder as he is.  It is only when she looks past it that she too recognizes his presence.  Dad?  She questions and the undead thing smirks.  A step is taken closer by the fiery girl to him with limp-less ease but is quickly stopped by her brother's warning.  His eyes narrow on the boy before the situation turns once more.  Eviction falls forward and the glowing aura dissipates with him.

He pauses momentarily before heeding his daughters cry for help.  Something has transpired here, and his brain tries to place the pieces together.  As he mulls it over, he comes to her side.  She has already lowered her brother to the ground where he lies still.  Daddy help him!  She pleads.  He already knows of the power within the boy, so he reassures her, "He'll be ok.  He just needs rest."  He reaches his mangled muzzle to draw her nearer to him as they watch and wait.  She sniffles back a tear as she looks down at her brother's motionless body.

It is in their waiting that he mulls over again possibilities; the expandable orange glow, the sudden healing of Escence leg, the exhaustion that has overcome Eviction.  The child had healing abilities this he knew.  He could taste it the day the boy was born.  Perhaps his healing was evolving to include others.  It is the aura that has him perplexed more than anything.

They stand protectively near Eviction as the night drags on.  He watches vigilantly as Escence drifts between wakefulness and sleep against his chest.  Her flames begin to flicker once more as she dries, and the mud is shed from her coat.  The clear starry skies begin to cover as clouds roll in.  His gaze lifts as static streaks of lightning cast an eerie glow within them.  Hopefully the boy awakens soon...

Zain
    ReBeL jUsT fOr KiCkS
    *Be Warned*
    Possesses health transference
    and may steal your health.
    //Blight-Undead Appearance-Fire Mimicry-Fire Immunity-Health Transference-Shadows\\
    Fire Mimicry- Glowing, Radiant Heat (warm to burning), Aesthetic Smoke
    Escence & Eviction
    ~Twin Flame~

My dreams are not of rainbows and butterflies tonight.  Each time I drift off another image of death and destruction comes.  And each time my brother is there.  I jolt awake before I know what his role is there, but I can't imagine it is him who causes the chaos.

Pressed against my father's chest there is a comfort there I did not feel when held against my mother.  Her embrace has always felt more restricting.  Now, against his chest, there is a freedom I have longed for.  So, I remain, willingly in my sleepless drifting.

I am awakened once again, but it is not my nightmares that are the cause.  A bright flash ignites the sky, followed by a low rumble.  My sleepy eyes blink rapidly as I look up to the skies.  I notice my father's glowing eyes looking up too.  Worry that it would soon be raining causes me to step from my father's side and towards where my brother lies.  My red eyes watch the rise and fall of his ribcage, assuring me that life still existed within him.  

My head lowers, bringing my nose to press against his neck.  "Vic," I call to him softly.  He remains motionless still and my head rises, turning to look at my father for guidance.  Finding none I bring myself to lay next to him.  My head resting on his back just as we used to as foals curled up to share warmth.

Sleep evades me and so I stare up to the cloudy skies.  Electric strings of lights flash brilliantly above.  Each one unique in its shape and intensity.  In my minds musings I don't notice the slight shift in my brother appearance.  His usual flames started flickering back to life at his hooves.  It isn't until a familiar voice calls to me that I am brought back to my reality.

Escence.

The voice is weak, but it holds his same tone.  My head lifts as a smile breaks across my lips. "Vic!" I say with relived excitement, "You're ok!"  I curl my neck to nudge him gently before rising to my hooves.  The living flames of my body dance in delight as tiny orbs of fire levitate around us.  His head lifts, looking up to me with his glowing white eyes, a matching smile on his face.  I back up a pace to allow him the space to stand, but remaining close enough in case he would need support.

He rises shakingly, but soon steadies.  I come to his side and then look to our father who still stands where he was.  My smile is bright as I speak, "He's ok!" Their father simply nods his head and continues to watch them.

"What was that Vic?  W-what happened?  Where did that light come from?  And my ankle, it doesn't hurt anymore.  Did you do that?"  The questions rattle off uncontrollably.  My eyes searching him for answers.  All he can manage is to stare at our father with a narrowed gaze.  It isn't until I nudge him impatiently that he answers, Yes I healed you.  He says simply and emotionlessly, his focus still on their sire.  I notice and ask, "What's wrong Vic?"  My gaze shifts between them, trying to place the tension.  I don't trust him, he says while motioning to their father.  My brow furrows in confusion, "Vic.  That's our father.  He helped us.  He stayed all night with us to make sure we were safe..." 

I take a step back.  Still staring forwards, he replies, we need to go home.  Still confused by the situation I do not argue and simply nod.  Before turning to leave I walk up to the undead thing and bring my muzzle up to meet his tattered face.  He brushes his along me as he had the day I was born.  It brings me comfort even in the awkward situation.  

Turning now I walk back towards the river's edge, looking back to see Eviction following cautiously.  Their father remaining still and observant.

//Fire Mimicry-Summer Appearance-Fire Breathing-Water Immunity\\
    Fire Mimicry- Fox Fire, Pheonix-Type Immortality, Fire Wings(developing)