• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  your sweet sinless sensation is not my style
    i showed him all my teeth & then i laughed out loud,
    because i never wanted saving, i just wanted to be found

It had been easy for her to disappear.

It was not something she had ever tried before, having never had any reason to, but it would be a lie to say she didn’t find some kind of twisted pleasure in it. It started with slipping into the Dale’s lake to avoid being followed by Assailant, thinking that the crushing pressure of the water and the rushing in her ears might do something to quell the surge of emotions in her chest. She hadn’t wanted him to follow, had not been interested (at the time) in what he had to say.

She had never intended to stay away for this long, but she had not realized how easy it would be to run. 

For weeks now she had kept to the waters of Beqanna, a crimson and gold spectre that disappeared into the waters at the first sign of anyone approaching. Once she started it became a habit that felt impossible to break, and though she could feel herself spiraling into something she no longer recognized she did not know how to break this cycle of constant evasion. She had to go back — she should go back, but there is a part of her that is too afraid to face what she had left behind. 

Tonight, however, she is along the riverbank, the long fall of her mane bone-dry where it rests in tangled coils against her neck, and her frosted scales glittering just faintly in the moonlight that strains through the treetops. She stands just across from the ruins, knowing that this part of the riverlands is typically deserted; no one seemed to care for the haunted feel of the place, and she was banking on this fact for a chance of land-bound solitude. 

But even then she stands knee-deep in the water, every muscle coiled taut in preparation to flee back to the safety below the surface at a moment’s notice, even though the riptide of her scattered thoughts pulled her attention away from her surroundings.
    A D R I A N A

@Squirt for whoever you decide!