• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  The Start Of A Beautiful Tomorrow; Auroraelis
    The journey was long, from the beach to the river. He had not known where to go, however he trusted Aurora. There was a gentleness to her that nestled deep into his heart and he knew he was safe with her. 

The two of them wandered from the hot, sunny beach where the sun beats against their coats as the ground turned from sand to gravel to dirt and grass. Each substrate a different texture from the last, some that Jack’s hooves have never encountered before. He lowers his head and smells the wet gravely path that leads ahead. He snorts, causing some of the particles to fly into his nose. He raises his head sharply and sneezes as he giggles a little. It’s been a long time since he’s giggled. He can’t remember when he giggled last. Was it with Kyra? Was it as a young colt? The memory eludes him. Either way it doesn’t matter anymore. It’s in the past, he’s now a wild stallion. 

His hooves crunched and sank a little deeper with every stride as they inched closer and closer to the river. He lifts his head, ears forward seeing the tall deciduous trees in the distance. “We’ve got to be getting close by now,”. 

Curiously, he looks over to Aurora. “I know we just met and all, but I don’t really know much about you,” 

@ AuroraElis

AuroraElis

Their path was winding as they traveled north.  Bending and twisting with the landscape as it changed under foot.  She hardly noticed the differences anymore in the terrain beneath her.  Jacks curiosity though causes her to smile kindly as she moves forward at a steady pace.  The length of her emerald gown brushes against the earth with each step.  Gently sashaying with the rise and fall of her hips.

Dark navy eyes keep watch over the space they occupy.  Their world was full of wild things and one could never be too careful.

Her caramel ears turn to listen as he speaks.  She too can smell the fresh waters now and she nods in agreement.  

A couple more paces down their path and she again listens to his words.  Her golden flecked eyes glance at him as she replies, "What would you like to know?"  She had no secrets to keep under lock and key, but she wasn't about to bore another with her life history as it has become quite long...

Not all that glitters is gold

@Jack in the Box
    Her emerald feathers, speckled with blue and gold capture his attention with every rise and fall of her hips. He looks over to her, and smiles softly. “Whatever you are most comfortable with,” he replies, not wanting to be too intrusive on her life. He stands next to her, his ears flicked over to her awaiting her response.

She begins to talk and every word makes him more and more intrigued about her life and how a wild horse lives. As much as he was scared to be wild, he’s excited. He’s excited to potentially have someone show him how to live. How to love and how to be free.

“T-thank you for being my friend,” he nickers softly. He shakes his black, thick mane, not too long but not short either. Right in the middle. His forelock covers his eyes as he snorts it away, chuckling softly.

He feels free. He finally feels like he belongs. He’s free. He begins to prance in place, head high, neck arched and ears perked. His tail flowing behind him. He whinnies softly, and canters circles around Aurora, playfully.

“I’m wild!” He snorts, happily.

@ AuroraElis

AuroraElis

Within a few more strides she considers just where to begin.  Every story has a beginning and hers wasn't as bright as it would seem, given her demeanor.  Somehow, she always found a silver lining in life, even with the most recent transgressions.

"Well let's see.  I was born into a very male dominant hierarchy.  Being non-compliment to that way of life I soon suffered severe consequences.  One day I finally escaped finding fairies in the woods that led me here," her gentle eyes look to Jack as they walk.  "The fairies gifted me this gown to hide my scares and a magic to heal all mortal wounds," her gaze then shifts to the path ahead.  "Every day since I have tried to repay their generosity by helping others," she smiles kindly before looking to Jack again.

The gentle breeze wraps around her and tousles her ivory locks.  Her ears flicker to his words of friendship as she takes another step.  She whickers softly as he snorts and prances about.  Her own neck arches elegantly and her dished face tucks to her chest.  Ivory dipped limbs gather beneath her as she lunges forward at a three-beat pace.  The gown of feathers trail behind her slightly but continue to conceal her tattered past that rests beneath them...

@Jack in the Box
    He looks over to her, as they walk as she explains her story to him. “Fairies…” he lets the word roll of his tongue although he is not sure about what these fairies are. “I’m glad you escaped.  I wonder if these fairies led me here..” he ponders as her words roll around in his head.

He smiles softly as the two of them prance around, her plumage wrapping the two of them together. “What do you like to do for fun?” He says gently, not wanting to offend her in anyway. The duo keep marching on through the grasses and rocks that line the path in which they’re walking.

“If you ever want me to leave you alone, let me know,” he says as his tone suddenly shifts and he takes his gaze back down to the ground. “I don’t want to bother you, or burden you in anyway.”

@ AuroraElis

AuroraElis

Fun

It wasn't a concept she has thought of in a very long time.  She wonders if there was ever a time, she has experienced it.  Even as a young filly she doesn't remember fun.  It wasn't allowed then and since escaping she is unsure if her time here could be considered as such.  She was many things; kind, polite, loving, but fun has seemed to evade her.  In her musings she has found herself coming quickly to the riverbed and with a determined smile she decides for once in her life to have fun.

The bedrock beneath her hooves shifts slightly as she crosses from path to riverbed.  The cool waters splash skyward as she breaks through the still surface.  The liquid coats her caramel coat, blanketing it with dark specks.  Beads of water trickle down her feathers before returning to their river home, and the dust of the land's melt away to the waters, leaving her tall ivory stockings bleach white.  She laughs as she tosses her head, arching her neck and curling around to face the shoreline where they had entered. 

She looks to Jack before saying, "I think having friends is fun!"  She motions for him to join her in the river for some fun as she has noticed his demeanor change some.  Perhaps they both needed to experience some fun for a change.

@Jack in the Box
    Jack watches the feathered mare walk towards the riverbed, following slightly behind to give her space. He watches as her feathers begin to shine with the sun beating down on her wet feathers. He doesn’t know when the last time he’s had fun. What is fun anymore. He isn’t sure.

He sees her playing in the water, arching and swinging her head around. He smiles, a true genuine smile for the first time in a while and joins her in the river. He kicks his heels up, splashing water up on his back and against her feathers. He drops to the ground, rolling around in the water. His dark bay coat and black mane and tail dripping as he stands back up, shakes off the water, getting Aurora even more wet in the process.

He lowers his head, flicking his ears and begins to buck and canter around Aurora again, getting another spurt of energy.

This is what life is supposed to feel like .

@ AuroraElis

AuroraElis

The sun began to lower its position in the sky as they played in the river.  She laughed as Jack darted this way and that.  It had been some time since she laughed.  She guessed that maybe it had been a while for him too.  He seemed to be enjoying this being wild more than he had before.  This brings a smile to her face.

The smile soon fades as a sharp burn courses through her body.  At first it is subtle and she simply winces, unalerting to any who were not staring directly at her.  But soon the pain is crippling and she finds her knees buckeling underneath her.  Her front half lowers to the water, as if she were about to roll, and you might not know anything was wrong at that moment.  That is until the scream she had been holding back releases into a piercing cry.  Her ears pin to her crest, her nostrils barely above the waters suface.  Any lower and she may just drown out her screams, quite literally.

The agony happens in an instant, but it feels much much longer.  If Jack had rushed to her side, she wouldn't have known as all she can see is darkness.  Her mind races through all the different scenarios and explanation.  Had she injured herself playing?  No, this pain felt more centered in her body.  Was she in labor?  No, she had several children, and none came like this.  Her breathing deepens and she tries to push through the pain, slowly rising up from bended knees.  The feathers on her back shift to rebalance her and her vision returns as she breathes out the burn within her chest.

"Jack?" She calls out as she remembers she is not alone here.  "Can... Can you help me back to shore?"  She simply needed someone to lean on and lead her onto solid land so she could reassess the issue...

@Jack in the Box
    Jack, visibly happy for the first time in a long time, ceases kicking and bucking when he suddenly senses Aurora's demeanor change. It was instant, she was happy as can be and now on her front knees in the water in pain. He rushes to her side, hearing her scream. He begins to panic, not knowing what's going on with her and why she suddenly dropped. His ears flying around his head, trying to sense if it is environmental, physical. If he did something. His mind is racing in infinite directions. Did I hurt her? Did I accidentally kick her? Is she dying? I don't want to lose her. I'm such a terrible friend.. Oh I did this. I should run away.. But no, she needs me. But I don't want to hurt her again. He takes a few silent deep breaths trying to regain his composure to be able to help her friend.

He asks as he lowers his head and raises it under hers to help support her while she shakily raises herself up from the river and feels her weight lean heavily against her while leads her to land. He's visibly worried, and scared for his new friend.

He nuzzles her, trying to help calm her down and calm himself down. "I'm here for you, whatever you need."

@ AuroraElis

AuroraElis

She feels him press into her, helping her up and stabilizing her shaky body.  They walk slowly, each hoof carefully placed beneath her.  She wasn't one to relieve her own suffering with her magic, but she thinks about the life that could be stirring within her.

Her memories go to that of her previous offspring.  How their pregnancies felt and how they came into the world.  It is funny childbirth.  In the moment there is so much pain, so much chaos, but the memories of anything other than seeing your child for the first time all but disappear.  

As they climb onto the grassy shores she considers unraveling her magic.  If nothing more than to find the source of her agony that begins to dull.  The healing gift she possesses flows through her much like her own blood.  It twists and turns around every bone, tendon, muscle and organ.  Traveling from her mind it stretches, mending the effects of the years on her body and searching for her current pain.

It isn't long before the source is located.  She remains leaning against Jack as her mind sifts.  The whole process is draining her strength even as she heals.  But she finds it, them.  Her eyes widen briefly before she gasps, "twins."  Her body then crumbles in exhaustion.  The day was giving way to night now and so she allows herself to slip away into the darkness...

@Jack in the Box