• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  All the truth that I can tell
    you used to tell me we'd turn into something
    oh, you said life was much better than this
    Lannister knows precisely what attracts him to the Taigan trees: mystery.

Amidst the fog and the towering canopy, he walks steadily and quietly. His gaze is sharp and observant, searching for the flashing yellow eyes of the shadow clans that have guarded this land for decades. There is a certain danger to Taiga that he likes, a frightening ache within it that calls to all that's broken inside him. Even when it was a bustling home to generations, there was an air of intrigue that never truly faded. As if no one would ever be able to name what makes the land pulse.

Pleased by the consistent lack of sun, Lannister presses faster between the trees, occasionally brushing his side against the rough bark of a pine tree. The scent of pine, woodland creatures, and damp surround him; and oddly, he feels at home. Something about the thick air reminds of how the dream world repressed him as child. At least here, he knew he always had the option to leave.

It isn't long before Lan reaches the rocky shore of a Taigan beach. The smell, the salt spray, the day constantly seems to threaten going gray - they all remind him of his first true encounter with an ocean. When he was still stuck, when he couldn't control himself or his world. How he had almost drowned a lovely stranger. He sees her in the blue flashes of the water, wondering what - if anything - came of her.

The distant shape of another draws Lannister from his thoughts. He blinks, clearing the glaze from his vision, then trots eagerly in the stranger's direction. Perhaps she can tell him more about the North, if it is worth remaining there longer. He clears his throat as he draws closer, calling over the washing surf, "Hello!" Lannister pauses an amicable distance away, offering Bardot a friendly smile.

"I'm Lannister," he offers. "Are you from here?"

lannister

@Bardot

Messages In This Thread
    All the truth that I can tell - by Bardot - 03-02-2022, 02:45 PM
    RE: All the truth that I can tell - by lannister - 03-09-2022, 12:31 PM
    RE: All the truth that I can tell - by Bardot - 03-10-2022, 01:50 PM
    RE: All the truth that I can tell - by lannister - 03-18-2022, 06:06 PM
    RE: All the truth that I can tell - by Bardot - 03-22-2022, 07:46 PM