• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    you're a bolt of lightning in the sky now; Obscene
    I can see through you, see your true colors
    Cause inside you're ugly, you're ugly like me
    Obscene had not inherited the overwhelming sense of duty that had weighed down his father. His approach to ruling was far more lax (he still found plenty of time to lay amongst the flowers in a haze when Aela wasn’t prodding him to scheme and plot) instead of patrolling borders or figuring out tedious tasks for Wherewolf and Aela to carry out… No. No that was not the kind of ruler he is. Of course there is still a sense of responsibility, a general care about his subjects well being and wanting to keep them happy enough to stay but beyond that… He really didn’t care. The Pampas had yet to draw the true ire or eye of any of the other kingdoms and so they maintain a rather relaxed attitude to trespassers and curious onlookers who come to meet the Fae Prince or seek the insane riddles of Steve and dealt with each visitor accordingly.

He is standing in the open field of wildflowers in the heart of the territory, the blooms stubbornly lingering despite the chill that now nips in the air. There had been another night of shifting, of hunting small mammals like chipmunks and mice as he slithered through the tall grasses. Of course he can’t remember any of it, just hazy memories that he justifies as strange dreams… Probably some sort of after effect from indigestion or expired nectar. Deep down he knows, he knows what lives within him and what comes out unexpectedly but he still can’t accept it. What he had become, what he would be.

For now the serpent slumbers and that strange sensation within him is gone although his stomach feels bloated and heavy. He shakes the last dregs of fog from his system as his dark body pushes back the flowers, seeing Steve in the distance and beyond that.. a splotchy white and brown figure. Before he can proceed, a small ghostly light suddenly comes dancing over the stream that runs through the Pampas. It glides easily over the water before coming to find him, hovering just before his face. ”My Prince.” It greets. ”My Light.” He responds gruffly, his red eyes flickering back towards the horse in the distance. ”I see you went hunting again.” Light responds rather mockingly but there is a tone there.. one he doesn’t like. One of concern. “Now now.” He says brusquely with an irritated snap of his tail as he skirts around the glowing ball of energy and makes his way towards the figure. The Wisp says nothing more and simply follows closely behind.

As he edges closer, he catches the protruding bone jutting through the stranger’s skin and he becomes a stranger no longer. Aela had told him about her brother in the North, the Guardian of Nerine (as well as the one called Gale) not long after he had come across the stallion in the common Field. That interaction had been brief but it was enough to stir his interest. He had been debating on sending an envoy to Nerine in the shape of one scowling Lord but it seemed he had left a lasting impression on the bone man as well. Enough to find him here in the heart of the Pampas. Light seems to recall that interaction as well and darts around the young stallion, lingering around the exposed bones on his ribs with curiosity. “Come to sample the flowers before the snow gets to them? If you're here for Steve I wouldn't bother, he's been in a terrible mood lately.” He asks as he ambles closer, a brow raised on his handsome face and that smug smirk firmly planted on his dark lips. Of course he doubts that’s why Reave has come all this way and follows it up with something more fitting, something that will let the Nerine Guardian know that he wasn’t completely in the dark to who was standing before him. “Or is it your sister that you seek?”

obscene

@Reave
    [Image: Obscene-Pixel.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're a bolt of lightning in the sky now; Obscene - by Obscene - 06-25-2021, 04:28 PM