• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  your string of lights is still bright to me
    — and how long must I stay, will I lay by your side
    just to say that I'm yours and you'll never be mine —
    Despite how much she hated to be alone, Hourglass had isolated herself in the days before the eclipse. She did not understand how her friendship with Aureus had unraveled so quickly and suddenly, but it was an injury to her heart like she had never experienced before. She almost swears that if she could open up her chest and see inside that her heart would bear the spider-web cracking that she is imagining – like glass beginning to break.

She hated realizing that she was just as fragile as she has pretended not to be, and so she only allows herself a brief amount of time to gather herself together and return again to the meadow. The darkness that has descended made it easy to pretend to not see him, or anyone, and she uses her infrared vision only to avoid the largest groups of horses. The warmth of their bodies stands out like flickering flames in the dark, and soon she finds herself along the outskirts, following the sound of water rushing over rock.

She walks to the edge, exhaling a sigh as her vision shifts back to normal, allowing herself to be enveloped by the darkness. Between the dark and the rushing of the water, she is able to, if only momentarily, forget the way her heart still ached, and divert her mind from the confused thoughts that still lingered.

With a front hoof, she scuffs idly at a small rock, laughing quietly to herself at the ting sound it makes against the glass before dropping into the water. A sound to her right makes her freeze, though, having been so lost in her thoughts that she did not realize anyone else had been there. She has not yet come across anything strange in the dark, but the fact that it remained for so long was enough to make her uneasy. Something wasn't right, even if she didn't know what. But she soon sees that it is just another horse – a normal one (she thinks) – and the previous tension melts away when she releases her anxious breath with a quiet, “Oh.” She turns toward him, lilac-colored eyes seeking him out through the shadows when she apologizes, “I’m sorry, I didn’t know anyone else was over here.” She pauses, knowing she should take her leave since usually when someone is alone it is because they want to be, but instead she extends to him with a clear hope in her voice, “My name is Hourglass.”
    hourglass
    — with this love like a hole,
    swallow my soul —

Messages In This Thread
    RE: your string of lights is still bright to me - by Hourglass - 01-09-2021, 05:55 PM