• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it's like i can't stop what i'm hearing within; gryffen

it's like i can't stop what i'm hearing within,
    it's like the face inside is right beneath my skin.
    Scars tell a thousand stories. Hidden beyond the ash ridge depths, there are sorrowful tales, heartbroken prose. I wish I could understand them, to piece them together. But they are as confusing as the constellations in the sky. Large clusters of them, silver and twinkling golds. Nebulas far, far away. I can only imagine what it is like up there, in the vast ebony skies. What it would be like among the stars, falling, falling.

Beneath the starlit night, I wander. Each step, takes me an eternity, for I stop, dip my head and inhale the dry earth beneath my feet. I continue this, until I am in the middle of the meadow. Hollow eyes then reverting to the sky, blinking thrice, then closing my eyes and picturing the ebony skies.

Aoki.

He stirs, his voice shifting. He had been silent all the while, I travelled here, finding Gryffen's scent like a trail. He had obviously been unhappy with my decision to find the red eyed ghoul. But I needed him, I had an urgency for him, a skin that prickled with want. Such a strange thing, to be looked at like some morsel, and yet it was still a look that made me feel... wanted.

He hunts you like some rabbit, dear. You are nothing to him, nothing. Just like you were nothing to that pink hero of yours, just like you are nothing to me, to anyone.

I shake my silver tresses, hollowed emerald eyes peering up through the bogus of the trees, catching the slivers of moonlight piercing through the darkness. I settled in a way that the moonlight bathed my cocoa skin, accentuated every thick ridge of scar, every memory of the times I had tried to end it all. Sometimes, you can try too hard. Perhaps if I just laid down beneath the gorse and buried myself beneath the leaves, the chill of death would finally take me. But then, no, no.

His red eyes seem to possess me, my thoughts. I call out then, for the pallid ghoul, my tone hoarse, strained. I lever myself against the bark of the tree, for a rest, for weary limbs to gather some strength. Up in the trees, the heavy boughs of summer leaves, I hear the caw of birds. They call and someone answers. I do the same, my call, it pierces the foreboding night, with an urgency that goes heart deep. I do this, over and over and yet nothing returns, no one answers. I am alone, as alone as my body feels, as my mind is empty. Save for Crow's incessant laughter, like a booming echo that eats me, consumes me bit by bit.

You walk into Hell, Aoki. What do you expect to see, if nothing but a demon.

'A saviour. Someone to save me from you.' I whisper and the words seem lost within the thick summer night air, forgotten as the songs of ravens sing their haunting melody above.

AOKI;
    schizophrenic captive of mourning mountains

<3

The mountains are a happy refuge for him. Miserable for the other he keeps here against her will, but brilliant for himself. It’s summer but the wind whips through the dead branches and hits your body with an icy punch. Fall is right around the corner, it whispers in the night and his body becomes more agitated, the demon becomes more restless.

He is watching over her, standing on the ridge of one of his dark mountains. A white speck in a world of shadow. The clouds are thick today with the threat of rain and he waits patently for the storm. To see if Minette will try to flee today. The ravens in the trees begin to caw and chatter to each other, their talons gripping the branches intensely. Waiting to brace the storm or venture out in it if needed. Two of them start to form a more obnoxious call, like screaming. His ears flatten at the noise and he glowers at them through bloody iris’s. He can’t understand them the way Straia does, he doesn’t have that gift. The one raven that she had gifted him with, the one he can call his own, is quiet as it sits on his back. It usually is unless he asks something of it. Still reluctant to give such a gift back, he won’t mention it till the Queen calls back her flock and he has no choice but to relinquish it.

The ravens screams intensify and he sighs softly, knowing he needs to check out the commotion. With a thought the raven on his back lifts off and flies towards the gray mare, landing on her back and wrapping it’s talons in her mane much like he does with his teeth. A reminder that he is still watching. Flinty hooves strike against the rocks as he makes his way towards the ravens, ears swiveling forward as he catches a call amongst the cawing. Oh. Now he understands. A smirk slides across his lips as she comes into focus, mumbling to herself and looking as uncertain as she always does. ”Aoki.” He greets her roughly, eyes narrowed in disapproval. ”I don’t believe I told you that you could leave the Chamber.” She was no longer just his, having given her to the kingdom as the gift. However he was still the one pulling the strings so he isn’t completely pissed that she has sought him out. Knowing that she was still desperate for him.

G R Y F F E N
    *********the big bad wolf

the face inside is right beneath my skin

Creamy mounds of mane fall in rivulets over my green eyes, over the scars that litter and frame my features. Born by Crow's disdain, Crow's anger and compassion. I say compassion, as the demon inside, he is compassionate enough to allow me to live. With bones jutting out in places, war-torn and ragged skin, alive with scars for memories. It was never what I wanted, all the times I had bent and bowed against his will, I wanted to die, wanted to crawl into the pit of never-ending blackness and stay resident. And yet, there he was. the dark eyes holding me captive, the fingers forcing themselves into my heart, my soul, hooking me into this life as though I was some mere pawn in a game he was playing with no one. Such games, games of trivialities and life and death.

I don't like this.

The way his voice shudders, it makes a smile form upon my cracked, dry lips. It feels foreign to smile, to feel a sliver of contentment. the red eyed ghoul, he had promised me much, much that I took with me to sleep at night. It was that promise that made me rise every morning in the Chamber's dark blanket, made me live through the day only to find the night wrought with nightmare and terrors. Oh, but to have rid of this voice, this being, it would be almost magical. I snort at him, as he moves, shifting with monstrous strides inside. He makes me quiver, and just as I'm about to whip around, Gryffen is there. His crimson eyes swallowing me. Owning me, claiming me.

'You... You.' my voice falls, like shattering glass from my weakened lips. His words cut deep and then even deeper. I feel the green of my eyes, the emerald glaze that had lightened somewhat, now darken, cloud over with the despair that has claimed me for years, many years. It returns, with the pang against my heart, a cold, steel knife. I needed him, I needed him so. Like I had clung to Souperman, I cling to the red-eyed demon. I inch forward, daringly so, stretching out my torn muzzle to reach for him. Eyes lifting, pleading as the wind picks up my limp tendrils of flaxen mane and whip them across my face, as berating as his words, and of Crow's. 'I.. I need you. I.. Aoki.. Aoki needs you. I.. I want you.' poor choice of words, but the desperation that clings to me, is like a second skin. Cold, harsh against the world outside.

Little broken girls do not get what they want. You should know that.

'Please. I.. I can't be on my own. Crow is here, Crow is everywhere. With you... he is scared of you.'

Scared is not the word, pumpkin. I am fearful as to what he will do to you, my vessel, my soul.

A O K I

schizophrenic captive of gryffen