• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

girl you know i'm only into myself
    CrownS
    Crowns never cared very much for stories on their own. Instead, he has always loved the night - the dark, the cold, the sounds of the jungle when all good things go to sleep. He fell in love with the glowing eyes of monsters watching him from the ink-black spaces between the trees. But each time he crept from the safety of the den, the eyes blinked and were gone before he could reach them. The hollow that they left in his heart remains crooked and in disrepair.

Perhaps this is why he was so over-eager to reach Olena, believing he had finally found one of them and he could call this one his. But it is only a girl who tumbles to the ground beside him. She’s lovely, he thinks as he stumbles up onto his hooves, even if she doesn’t terrify him. But she says he is a Scary Thing and his heart flutters at her compliment. Him! Scary! God, the smile that beams across his face would put a supernova to shame.

Do you really think I’m scary?” he asks before she begins coughing. His smile fades to a frown of concern as he steps closer, uncertain of how to help. Her body flickers and the water’s current seems to flow over and through her legs all at once. Crowns finds her gaze again when he regains her breath and manages to speak again.

I’m glad to meet you, Olena,” he says when he introduces herself. His grin takes its rightful place over his lips once more. “I like all terrifying things, but I like the pretty ones like you, too.

He wonders if he should help her up or if she should rest a while in the cool waters. They’d worked wonders for him when Isilya had tried to help ease his fever this time last year. Crowns looks down then, wondering if he could ever learn to heal the way she and his grandmother did. He concentrates a moment and holds fast to the memory of how he felt that day, the way he was able to breathe and relax at long last, and he pours the feeling into the stream now. A soothing warmth spreads through the water and he hopes it is enough to alleviate whatever it is that ails her for a while.
    @[Olena]

Messages In This Thread
    girl you know i'm only into myself - by crowns - 11-17-2020, 08:52 PM
    RE: girl you know i'm only into myself - by Olena - 11-20-2020, 08:44 PM
    RE: girl you know i'm only into myself - by crowns - 11-20-2020, 09:35 PM
    RE: girl you know i'm only into myself - by Olena - 11-25-2020, 12:55 PM
    RE: girl you know i'm only into myself - by Olena - 12-12-2020, 03:02 PM
    RE: girl you know i'm only into myself - by Olena - 12-29-2020, 01:06 PM