• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'd rather forget and not slow down; flower
    There is a storm brewing on the horizon, she can see it in the outline of dark and tumultuous clouds, in the way the wind has shifted and picked up, gone still, wakes again. The world feels so uneasy, somehow, and she isn’t sure why, isn’t sure if she feels curious or scared or if the rising thrill in her chest is something completely unrelated. The wild in her heart urges her to stay and watch, to wait to greet the storm with bright eyes and a matching stubbornness, but logic wins out and she moves inland, away from the shore and the waves that seem eerily stagnant, unusually dark.

The forest is an easy choice, she’s always liked the thick tangle of green plants and damp, humid air. She likes the way the dew gathers across her skin like little beads of liquid diamonds, and the way the light refracts through her skin to turn the plants red-orange. She also likes the lack of watching eyes and piteous expressions she finds here in the growing forest-dark.

What she isn’t expecting, though, is the ball of shining light that darts out through the fronds and vines, bouncing around her body with an enthusiasm well-matched to that of a child. She is smiling at once, watching it play and move, reaching out to touch the shining glass of her nose to it in gentle curiosity. When it immediately moves away again, she watches it with a curious head tilt, trying to puzzle out the motives of this thing she would not have previously considered alive. Yet the way it moves and tracks her, the way it bounces close again to weave through her legs implies otherwise.

“Alright,” she says, and the storm behind her is immediately forgotten, her world narrowing to this new, delightful mystery, “how about I follow you for a bit?”

And so she does, winding like molten fire through dappled sunlight, cold and fiery, redder than she has any right to be and made brighter by the contrast of deep green jungle. She follows until even the light can reach them no more, and the shadows trapped beneath her skin make her look almost black in the growing dark. Only her face is a splash of red color as those golden eyes stay glued to the ball of silver light as it leads her on.

She is startled, though somehow not surprised, when suddenly a second face is illuminated in the dark. He is even darker than she is, almost invisible without sunlight to catch and pool in the angles of his handsome face, and it is the flash of galaxy blue in the horns atop his skull that finally brings a smile to her delicate lips.

“Warden.” She says, and there is such instant, easy affection in the gold of her eyes as she closes the distance between them to push beneath his head and nuzzle her nose to the front curve of his shoulder in an embrace. ”Is this a friend of yours?” She asks, stepping back only enough to see the outline of his face again, helpless to the urge to touch her lips to the curve of his heavy jaw. “Because she said you miss me.” Her eyes flash with mischief, bold and bright and endlessly beautiful. “Or at least she would have if I could speak star.” Because what else could this shining ball of light be, cool and silver and made for dark like this. What else, but a star, would have known the wish in her chest was to see Warden again.

FLOWER

i'm only steady on my knees

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'd rather forget and not slow down; flower - by flower - 12-15-2020, 07:55 PM