• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i know i've dreamed you
    “—I’ve been practicing my trick, so just close your eyes!”

Reign was afraid, she would be lying if she said she wasn’t—fear flooded through her veins, it shot through her heart like a bolt of lightning and thundered around in her ribcage. The roan girl wanted so badly to trust him, so badly to believe she was going home at last; when she closed her yellow eyes, though, she saw her father’s face distorted by rage and then came The Shadow. Quiet, quick. A glint of fangs, the cracking of bones, the twinkle of stars—

In her mind, those few seconds they spent teleporting from one place to the next lasted an eternity. She couldn’t breathe, she was dying—she was scared. “Don’t let them hurt me,” she murmured, her eyes still closed. Reign pressed her side against his, hiding her face in the crook of his neck, she started to tremble.

But then it was over.

He moved quickly, his steps nimble and sure; Reign blinked, once, then darted off after him. She knew the jungle well, though it looked slightly... different. Almost as if had grown a little more wild since she saw it last. It was fuller, thicker (older). She pressed on, stumbling over the stream, giggling as she went; she was home, home, home, and nothing else mattered.

Reign could see the den at long last, she knew her mother would be there—knew Charlie would be there as well, though he’d likely be less happy to see her.

“Mom! I found a surprise for you! Hurry up!”

Reign skidded to a halt behind him, her yellow eyes wide, her mouth falling open in shock; she stared at the back of his head, then dared to try peeking around him to see who was coming out of her family home. It was her mother’s voice that greeted the colt, her mother who came slinking out of the den, speaking of twins—of other children. Reign felt fear creeping in again and she swallowed hard, tears welling up in her eyes.

Was this some sort of awful trick?

“Mom,” Reign managed to get out, but not before Sabbath was pulling her in close. She let the tears fall then, she couldn’t help herself. Reign had never really cried, not even as a newborn, so the sobs that wracked her body and the thick fat drops rolling down her cheeks felt foreign. She had the strangest feeling of being trapped in a stranger’s body, but the feeling went away almost as quickly as it had come on.

And then Sabbath asked the question Reign dreaded to answer.

“A dark god came down from The Mountain,” she sniffled, just breathing seemed to cause her to quake. “He... spoke with father, but I don’t know what he said, and he... he just turned on me. Dad went mad. He tried to kill me,” Reign close her eyes again, seeing his face—his fangs.

“I think he did. I went somewhere dark, and... there were stars. So many stars. There was a black mare there, too, though. And she saved me. She saved me because a Goddess sent her.”

@[crowns]
    Use of powerplaying is allowed with permission

DM Venge on site or Discord, I usually respond fast. Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
    i know i've dreamed you - by crowns - 11-05-2020, 10:30 PM
    RE: i know i've dreamed you - by Reign - 11-26-2020, 07:05 PM
    RE: i know i've dreamed you - by crowns - 11-29-2020, 05:13 PM