• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

every scar will build my throne; T/w any

i love the way that your heart breaks
    with every injustice and deadly fate

Gray eyes fixed upon his newest interest, the black colt tips his head slightly as the boy spouts a torrent of words at him. His eyes spark in amusement at the words, a small grin forming upon his lips. No. No vultures or crows. They would not finish off that poor little squirrel. His gaze suddenly turns serious, thoughtful, his expression slipping into solemnity. Perhaps he had done the creature a disfavor by leaving it with its pitiful life. Though pain is so very attractive to him, such a seductive lure, it seems that not all creatures feel it is so. Perhaps death is a kindness. A kindness he had failed to bestow upon the wretched squirrel.

”Should I have killed it, do you think?” he asks. ”It would have been kinder. He did not seem to care for the pain.”

That statement, in itself, baffles him slightly, though he had been the one to speak it. He knows with a certainty that pain is life. It must stand to reason then that the squirrel wished for death. Who wishes for death? Certainly not he.

When the colt continues, asking such a rhetorical question, the black boy smiles. A toothy grin, a display of understanding and companionship. Afraid of what? Exactly the right question. He had yet to find a thing in this life to fear. The fear that others feel is as baffling to him as their distaste of pain. Perhaps one day he would learn fear, but today is not that day.

As the colt introduces himself, Raelynx suddenly lets out a laugh. It is not a laugh meant to offend, merely a laugh of amusement at his own thoughts. Thoughts he shares easily with the boy. He has yet to learn much of restraint, or manners, for that matter.

”You could easily stab someone with a name that long.” An easy grin rests upon his lips as he speaks. ”I am Raelynx.”

Raelynx

khaos x eyrie

html c insane | picture c naelii.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
    i love the way that your heart breaks... - by Raelynx - 08-08-2015, 11:01 PM