• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

every scar will build my throne; T/w any

Torment and torture, I had seen it quite often. The ravens are not quite as diplomatic as many think. their beaks peck and poke a dying animals, their claws tear and shred. It is quite a sight to witness, they are far less gargantuan as vultures, instead they see the thrill of the torment far more than an actual meal. Nevertheless the scenario is all the same, a myriad of feathers decorate the chamber loam, another scar to add to the many that tore at the earth.

My thoughts were quite idle, nothing in particular as interesting here as it is the chamber. Had I pleaded and nagged for nothing? There were not many here in the grounds, safe a few frolicking forms in the distance, but they were not there for long. The mauve skies of twilight were starting to patch the clouds with wisps of orange and purple. As long as I made it hop by nightfall. As long as the shadows did not cast longer than my own frame.

Ha. My mother was such a worry worm. She is probably pacing the confines of the pines right now, my father breathing down her neck. My shoulders roll easily and my willowy legs shift, moving my silvery form through the grasses, my neck arching, head low. I heard some movement further ahead. And there, a shadowy form following something, his nose to the ground, a hypnotic grin on his features. I stop then, lift my head, golden eyes narrowing upon the boy, watching as the tormented animal limped off and the colt's attention turned to me. My black tipped ears swivelled atop my crown, catching his words, pinning slightly against the wisps of charcoal mane.

'There are no vultures overheard, no crows here. No one to pick the bones clean when done.' I idly comment on hater the colt had intended with the squirrel, casting a look to the side to the route to wounded animal had taken. I then shrug my shoulders, my stumpy tail swatting my loins. 'Afraid of what?' I meet his eyes, cool, recollective. 'No, i'm not afraid.' I say, and then take a few steps forward, towards the strange boy, bobbing my head, my chin in a mock greeting. 'I'm Vercingetorix.'

Messages In This Thread
    RE: every scar will build my throne; any - by Vercingetorix - 08-08-2015, 01:24 PM