• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  on laugh-silvered wings

O C E A N E
    Hath in her veins,
    to beat and run,
    the glad indomitable sea,
    the strong white sun.

Alcinder grins up at the blue-and-dun woman.

"I can't wait!" the lanky young boy can hardly contain ─ nor does he want to ─ his enthusiasm as he swiftly realizes he is surrounded by all things home. "Pangea didn't have any prickly pear. Not that I could find, anyway," he adds as a dejected afterthought. He'd taken the liberty of exploring the red and yellow sandstone caverns of Pangea while he had been held there: the acacia trees had made him even more homesick, and the way the wind howled through the rocky tunnels spooked him more often than not.

He'd always expected the aliens and their clicking, morse-code tongues to follow in the wake of the canyon's howl, their long necks extending from around the nearest rocky bend.

He runs through a continuum of emotions, from enthusiastic to a bit melancholy, and then he's suddenly pulled tight to his mother's familiar, warm bosom. He gasps at the comfort that washes over him and nestles quickly into her encircling embrace, listening intently to her rapid heartbeat with an ear pressed to her chest.

Lepis, catching Oceane's inquiring gaze, deposits the sought-after information easily into the Lady's mind: Leilan. She twitches an ear as she gazes upon the Cleric, and then the corner of her lip follows suit into a short-lived smile, at this new ─ though not unwelcome ─ intrusion into her mind. She nods her thanks to the woman but refrains from commenting aloud out of respect for Lepis' discretion just as the trio is joined by another pair.

Castile, first, arrives with the grace of a natural-born dragon. Alcinder's knobby legs protest the rumble of the earth at the wyvern's landing and he stumbles slightly away from his Mama, recovering splay-legged as he gazes upward at the ivory dragon donning an expansive smile. "I missed you too, Pops!"

Oceane laughs under her breath at Lepis' comment toward the dragon, her own brow arching expectantly for his response; she had, after all, only seen him massive and scaled ever since she'd returned to Loess from the Forest with Alcinder, though she'd not thought much of it now that she was aware of his secret.

Sochi's face, her hardened and uncaring eyes, flash in Oceane's mind.

Her thoughts are interrupted by the second half of the pair speaking out just as he comes up near her side. Oceane throws her lavender head to the side, her amber eyes colliding with Leilan as she nickers for him. The sound, and her echoing expression, are full of warm appreciation.

"Does that make you my glass shoe?" the boy asks.

"Leilan," the Loessian woman says at the same time, "I am in your debt."

Oceane keeps her amber gaze on the ice-encrusted stallion ─ a dragon, she now knows ─ in case he has come with information from the Forest or Pangea, but Alcinder has turned his attention back to his Dad just as the great beast lays his massive head against the Earth. The colt closes the distance between he and Castile and presses his blue-and-white face against the leathery, scaled space in front of the dragon's eye.

@[Lepis], @[Castile], @[Leilan]
    ""

neamrel / thedayofshadow
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    on laugh-silvered wings - by Alcinder - 02-16-2020, 07:48 PM
    RE: on laugh-silvered wings - by Lepis - 02-18-2020, 08:52 AM
    RE: on laugh-silvered wings - by Oceane - 02-18-2020, 02:36 PM
    RE: on laugh-silvered wings - by Castile - 02-18-2020, 03:52 PM
    RE: on laugh-silvered wings - by Lepis - 02-18-2020, 10:44 PM
    RE: on laugh-silvered wings - by Leilan - 02-19-2020, 01:12 PM