• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  quests are not a suitable substitute for therapy

He does not meet her gaze, but it remains steady on him - no judgement, nothing but a gentle sadness. If he were to run from her, she would let him - and just hope that their paths would cross again.

He stays, though, and after a moment he speaks. She’s quiet, letting him get out all of the words - each of them hurting more than the last. She wishes she could have saved him from this for real - that either of their attempts to stop what had happened had worked beyond.

Agetta searches herself for the part of her heart where she should agree with him - where she should condemn this new friend for taking a life. But that part does not exist. She isn’t sure when murder became a grey area for her - but if she has to guess it would have been in the very vision they are speaking of now. When she saw the way his mother had looked at him and her heart had broken.

When he asks the question, she reaches out to him - hoping to touch her muzzle gently to his for a moment, as though the proximity will help him believe what she says. “No, I don’t think you are.” It’s the truth, even if it should not be.

Agetta had never said the next words out loud, not to a single other soul. She has made idle threats, and not-so-idle ones, but she does not believe anyone thought she was serious. She was "queen of the lights" after all. What threat was there in those that loved peace? “There is someone I would kill, if given the chance. And I do not believe I would regret it afterward.” It’s hard to say for sure, of course, but Agetta thinks she would feel a sense of peace to have Atrox wiped from the planet. A sense that her mission in returning from the dead (the first time) had been accomplished. “So you are certainly less terrible than I am.”

She inhales a shaky breath, searching for words while she avoids her own dark thoughts. She hopes she can find the right combination to ease his heart, even if it’s just temporary. “I think… it is not our mistakes themselves that matter, but how we react to them. You have a good heart, my dear friend. A good soul. Even the best of us break - and given the chance you chose differently. That is not terrible at all.”

Agetta

@[garbage]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: quests are not a suitable substitute for therapy - by Agetta - 02-14-2020, 08:38 PM