• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

blue eyes and blue skies fade into the dark; aten
    Lilliana, before she spoke herself, closed the distance between herself and the golden stallion, returning his show of greeting by dipping her finely tapered head. She begins their encounter by, vaguely, speaking of all that had occurred in Taiga's forests over the cold season. To use the word 'eventful' was quite an understatement. He was pleased to hear that she hadn't seemed to get caught up in the politics and craziness; she didn't deserve it. She had been a loyal, fair resident of Taiga. Her life was good, quiet, peaceful... she didn't need the stress that Aten and others in charge here were currently experiencing.

She then goes on to ask about Aten's family, Lethia and their foals. The stallion smiled fondly at thinking of them, "They are all well. Lethia has done well in taking care of Orion; she is the youngest we take care of together. Popinjay is aching to stretch her legs, and I am certain Owin will feel that call soon enough too. Kalil is almost... too responsible. It has me slightly worried he won't be willing to go out and explore for himself, which he should, since he is over four seasons old now."

He wishes to ask about those Lilliana is close with, whether considered family or not, but before he can, the pretty chestnut mare speaks up. Specifically, with an apology. That surprised the stallion; what was she here to apologize for? Of course, his question was soon answered when Lilliana brought up the events that transpired in the Meadow that day, along with what had occurred not even a full moon ago with Ruth and her dam.

Aten let Lilliana finish, deciding to answer her question before continuing, "She is doing well. Kalil has grown attached to her; he enjoys her company, and she is pleasant to have around. She no doubt misses her dam, but Lethia nor I do not push her to talk about it. Our foals have done their part in showing her around when they feel like it, but it seems it's fallen more to the others than Popinjay. I will not hold that against her; she is growing and wishes to be on her own.

"And Lilliana," he changed the subject, "you do not need my permission to do what you feel is right, or even what you wish for yourself. From what I recall that day, you were offering what Ruth's dam believes she needs, and I will not stand against that. When Ruth feels ready to see her dam, she can do so without my permission too. Whether I was leader of your caste in this kingdom or not, you do not need to consult me or ask before you do something. I would have said something if I felt your actions are misplaced; I am not one to bead around the bush."

His eyes softened, "I am grateful that Ruth's dam had you and Eurwen to guide her up there; she seemed conflicted when she left, even if she was certain she wanted to leave Ruth behind. I will settle this matter, and say I forgive you, even if there is nothing you need to apologize to me for. Our friendship remains no matter what, and I do hope I can always count on you for that."

@[lilliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: blue eyes and blue skies fade into the dark; aten - by Aten - 12-09-2019, 08:24 PM