• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  for all the ghosts that are never gonna catch me, any
    i will be brutal
    He knows his children’s faces. He sees himself and their mother looking back at him and he could pick them from a crowd with ease. When she approaches, he can see their blood in the curve of Lovewell’s jaw and the shape of her eyes. For a moment, his breath catches in his throat and he wonders just which of his brood gave life to the girl. But he fears the answer, and so he says nothing about it for now. Instead he only smiles as gently as he can.

That’s very kind of you. I’m searching for Tephra, where my son Vulgaris lives. Do you know him or the kingdom?” he asks, watching her face closely to see if she knows the name. Larva is ashamed that the number of his young managed to climb so high that he cannot be certain which of his children she descended from but he would confidently place his bets on any of his sons or daughters with Dillan. Her blood always softened the features of his and made their children beautiful.

He is impatient and eager to gather his descendants, however, and so he edges closer to see her better. “I hope you’ll forgive my prying, but who are your parents? You look like someone I know very well,” he explains with a soft kind of laugh following his words. Maybe he’s entirely wrong and they share nothing and no one in common, but he’s always been protective of his family. Time has cost him so very many of them these days that he is perhaps over eager to collect them all once more. “My name is Larva, by the way. What’s yours?

His old green eyes search hers for a while longer before searching the surroundings once more for something to strike his memory. Of course, he died long before the new kingdom rose from the ruins of Beqanna, but he is hopeful all the same. It keeps him distracted from the tumultuous thoughts that come sweeping through his mind like a storm every time he sits still for too long. After all, hadn’t the greatest moments of his life occurred in this timeless meadow? If he thought long and hard, he could probably remember which tree he first met Anemone under, or where he first kissed Dillan.

But he doesn’t try to remember. He focuses only on Lovewell and finding his way to his children.
    @[lovewell] he's trying not to be an absolute weirdo and failing miserably

Messages In This Thread
    RE: for all the ghosts that are never gonna catch me, any - by Larva - 11-24-2019, 07:12 PM