• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sweet morphine touch; pteron
    “Hi Pteron,” she manages to squeeze in before he reached forward.

Unprepared for the contact, she goes rigid, blinking stupidly down her nose when he barely touches her.  Other than embracing her parents, she’d lived a rather sheltered life against contact and touching.  It just wasn’t something she typically endeavored to do - or more accurately - ever endeavored to do.  Was that the way of kingdom life?  Being automatically touchy?  But Eyas had never tried to touch her right away...or had she?  The greying overo mare was having a hard time collecting her memories at that point and probably for the best as it would not alter anything now.  

And if she were to be honest with herself, the contact wasn’t all that bad.

“Well, I was just assuming that you were still in Loess,” she finally answers his fair question. Laughing lightly, she looks away guiltily before looking back with glistening charcoal eyes.  “I suppose I understand that saying now, ‘if you assume, it makes an ass out of you’.  Dropping her smile like it was on fire, she gasped lightly, clearly reading into too much of how that might’ve come across to him.  “N-not you, being the ass I mean.  What I meant to say…” she was struggling at that point, fumbling for simple words that evaded her, “I meant me.”  Please, please stop talking, Catcher.  You’re making this so much worse, she begged herself, her stormy eyes going wide and dark with embarrassment.  

There’s a heavy moment of silence and then just because she couldn’t stop her lips of flapping she said, "I’m the ass."

“So anyway," she said, stepping slightly away from him as if her faux-pas never occurred.  “ I got bored and so that meant it was time for an adventure and since I’ve never physically been in Taiga before, I thought, why not?”  Someone else might not have caught on to what she had been in regards to physically being there.  He was one of the few that knew of her dream walking abilities.  That happened to be the last time they’d seen each other, and while he was easy to recognize for being relatively unchanged, she’s impressed that he was able to recall her so quickly.  Catcher’s fire had started to turn to ash, and her body had filled out some since the last time he’d seen her as a scrawny teenager.

“Why the change to Taiga?” she asked curiously, now finally able to look him in the eyes again.

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    sweet morphine touch; pteron - by Catcher - 11-16-2019, 10:33 PM
    RE: sweet morphine touch; pteron - by Pteron - 11-17-2019, 10:47 AM
    RE: sweet morphine touch; pteron - by Catcher - 11-19-2019, 11:30 AM
    RE: sweet morphine touch; pteron - by Pteron - 11-19-2019, 11:56 AM
    RE: sweet morphine touch; pteron - by Catcher - 11-19-2019, 05:20 PM
    RE: sweet morphine touch; pteron - by Pteron - 11-19-2019, 08:42 PM