• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sweet morphine touch; pteron
    finger trips across my cheek----------------
    ----------------kiss me until i can't speak

Pteron wakes around the same time every morning, a habit that does not break regardless of when he’d gone to bed the night before. Some days – like today – that means that he’s gotten very little rest. Yet as he yawns himself to wakefulness, he traces the amber spots on the pegasus that still dozes against him, and the memories of what had kept them up so late is worth the weariness that he needs to shake away. Reluctant to wake her, Pteron extracts himself from Lainat’s embrace slowly, and by the time he stands at the lip of his nest he is fully awake. 

The sun is just beginning to rise; he can see the growing brightness even through the dense canopy.

Spring has just begun to creep into the north and as Pteron descends his breath his stills fogs in front of him. It disappears when he reaches the ground, lost in the heavy fog that has seeped in from the sea. The dun stallion takes a deep breath of the salty air, and releases it in a startled snort as someone nearly collides with him. The fog had hidden their scent and the rocky outcropping he landed near had kept them from view. Blinking in surprise, it takes Pteron a moment to identify the mare in front of him. When he had last seen Catcher, she had been a bright chestnut filly, and the greying mare in front of him is briefly unrecognizable.

But her voice is the same, even though he is no longer dreaming, and a smile of recognition grows on his handsome face.

“Catcher!” he says brightly, reaching forward to brush her nose in greeting. “I should be the one asking you that!” Pteron tells her with a grin. “I’m the one that lives here, after all. What brings you to Taiga?”

@[Catcher]

-- pteron --

Messages In This Thread
    sweet morphine touch; pteron - by Catcher - 11-16-2019, 10:33 PM
    RE: sweet morphine touch; pteron - by Pteron - 11-17-2019, 10:47 AM
    RE: sweet morphine touch; pteron - by Catcher - 11-19-2019, 11:30 AM
    RE: sweet morphine touch; pteron - by Pteron - 11-19-2019, 11:56 AM
    RE: sweet morphine touch; pteron - by Catcher - 11-19-2019, 05:20 PM
    RE: sweet morphine touch; pteron - by Pteron - 11-19-2019, 08:42 PM