• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  come along to the river; round 3
    <link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Allura' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><style>.lucrezialayout {width:600px; border:1px solid #000;box-shadow:0px 0px 10px #000;background-color:#8dbbb1;} .lucreziagradient {width:600px; border:1px solid #000;padding:10px;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(#091016, #1d2f3e, #091016); background: -o-linear-gradient(#091016, #1d2f3e, #091016); background: -moz-linear-gradient(#091016, #1d2f3e, #091016); background: linear-gradient(#091016, #1d2f3e, #091016); box-shadow:0px 0px 25px #000;} .lucreziapic {width:600px; height:400px; background-image:url('https://i.imgur.com/vZ3Hghs.png');background-size:contain;margin-top:-55px;} .lucreziaquote {width:600px; font-size:24px;font-family: 'allura', cursive;color:#1d2f3e;padding-bottom:0px;padding-top:20px;} .lucreziapost {padding:40px;padding-bottom:10px;padding-top:5px;text-align:justify;font:13.5px times;color:#091016;}</style><center><div class="lucreziagradient"><div class="lucrezialayout"><div class="lucreziaquote"><center>Here it comes with no warning; capsize, i'm first in the water</center></div><div class=lucreziapost>Her gaze is locked onto her father as she moves through the clear path. Lucrezia doesn’t look away. “You’re almost there.” Her red-devil father offers her everything she should have done before in her life. He is the devil with a deal—giving her a second chance at life. A chance to make everything right with all the wrongs she has done. Her heart longs to make amends for everything she has done, and even then, she is willing to make a pact with the devil itself—the one she has always loathed ever since she was bartered away for political gain.

It was never wise to make a deal with the devil.

And yet, she accepted it without question.

Lucrezia can feel the fear creeping slowly in as Nikkai begins to spread herself to each of them trying to make it across the river. The darkness is coming closer the further she moves down the clear path. “Just a little further and we can go back home.” Each step takes her closer into the trap of the devil. Love blinds her so without objection as her heart longs for his approval, begs for him to accept her and love her so. She gives her heart to him completely, trusting his words and promises.

But she should have known better.

Words could always be twisted into anything. Promises were always made to lull the heart and seduce the soul. Words and promises simply meant nothing to the devil.

“I’m sorry” comes gently like a soft kiss on her lips, but the pain in every syllable from the magic-entity mare fills Lucrezia with great dread. Suddenly, the water that stayed at bay comes hurtling down. The water swarms around, quickly crashing over and under her. “Dad!” Lucrezia screams at the top of her lungs as fear fills her. Rodrik lunges forward towards her to try and grab onto her, but the increasing speed of the current pulls her underneath the surface of the water. The last thing she sees is the horror on her father’s face—the horror of losing it all, the ones you loved and the life you have lived—before tumbling down the waterfall with everyone else.

As she falls from the edge of the waterfall, it feels like she is flying almost. She feels weightless. It reminds her of the first time she had gotten her wings and learned how to fly. Her wings had been her escape, but she had no escape now.

She had been so close.

Always so close, she thinks with a heavy heart.

Suddenly, she feels agony. A pain she remembers so vividly—a memory she has lived over a thousand times. It comes at her fast though, more excruciating than ever before. Lucrezia feels hooves slamming against her, bashing and battering every inch of her body as muscles tear and bones break. It was not only Bruise who was hurting her now, but someone else—the murderer of Nikkai. The magic-entity mare’s death had felt so real, so much as if it had been her own.

Her body feels heavy now—she had never been flying but always falling. She gasps for air as her lungs become beaten and bruised once more. Her body cries out with each blow that comes her way as she relives her death once more. With each hit she is reminded of how worthless and powerless she has become. Then when she finally hits the surface of the water below, her body welcomes death once more to put an end to all the pain.

But her heart begs for her to live.

Lucrezia feels the hard rocks beneath her. She feels cold and almost numb as the swallow water surrounds her. A warm nose pushes against her neck. It nudges her softly but there is urgency with every push and prod. Lucrezia opens her eyes quickly, looking up to see the face of her red-devil father.

“You are okay,” He says breathlessly but Lucrezia does not feel the slightest bit okay. She feels completely broken and unable to move, but she can feel every limb of hers together. It shouldn’t have been like that though. Lucrezia knows she should be dead, but why does she keep having relive her death so much? Shaking the thought out of her head, she finds what little strength she has left to stand up.

“Are we home?” She asks with a soft voice looking to her father.

Rodrik shakes his head silently.

When Nikkai speaks and tells them what they must do, she instantly feels her heart drop into the pit of her stomach. Anger boils deep within her now. She wants to scream and shout for what is happening. How is any of this right? Lucrezia thinks as she shakes her head.

She looks over to her father who only has eyes for her as everyone else around them are making their choice too. “You will be the one to go,” His voice is soft and Lucrezia’s ears flicker forward with confusion. “I promised to bring you home.” She had never imagined her father would offer his life for someone else—someone like her.

Lucrezia looks down, she falls silent as her thoughts consume her for a moment. She cannot imagine she deserved a second chance to live her life. Her mistakes are simply ingrained into the foundation, written in the book of life that cannot be forgotten.

Rodrik reaches out and gentle touches her neck with his red muzzle. “Stop doubting yourself, Lucrezia. You are so much more than you think you are. You are capable of anything. The world is simply yours. I have always wanted you to know and believe you can be anyone and do anything.” She looks up as her father pauses for a moment and sees tears filling his eyes, but they do not fall down his cheeks. “I know I have done terrible things to you and broken promises, but this time I won’t. You are going home… I will make sure you do.” Rodrik then turns Nikkai. “I will stay here.”

Lucrezia’s mouth opens wide with shock. She had accepted her death a long time ago. It was something she had wished for ever since she had let down leading Tephra. Some would call it weak, but she had always thought of it doing the world a favor. Now, it was her chance to redeem herself.

She turns to look at Nikkai. Her mouth feels dry, but she nods her head in accepting her father’s wishes. “I will go back,” she says softly, “I will do whatever I can to help.” This time she would not let herself fall like she did before—it was all she could do to repay for a second chance.</div><div class=lucreziaquote style="padding-top:0px;"><center>...too close to the bottom.</center></div><div class=lucreziapic></div></div></div></center>
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    come along to the river; round 3 - by Nikkai - 11-15-2019, 12:02 AM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by October - 11-17-2019, 12:57 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Satan - 11-17-2019, 05:04 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by brigade - 11-17-2019, 06:26 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Larva - 11-17-2019, 07:23 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Ozzie - 11-18-2019, 08:16 AM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Dillan - 11-18-2019, 11:33 AM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Cress - 11-18-2019, 01:53 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Vox - 11-18-2019, 04:22 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Nadya - 11-18-2019, 05:15 PM