• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  come along to the river; round 3
    <div style="background:linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(0,0,0,0) 150px, rgba(0,0,0,1)450px),url('https://i.postimg.cc/SRdjs889/okay.png') top center no-repeat;background-size:620px auto;width:600px;margin:auto;padding:150px 10px 0px 10px;border:1px solid #000;"><div style="color:#eee;padding-bottom:250px;text-align:center;letter-spacing:5px;">i will be brutal</div><div style="color:#B73F1C;font:16px times new roman;border:3px solid #eee;border-bottom:0px;border-top:0px;border-radius:35%/35px 35px 0px 0px;padding:30px 10px 10px 10px;">Just as he is nearly across, the chain breaks and the copies all wither to dust. Darling tumbles into the river as she reaches for him and together they plummet. Each time his head rises above the water’s surface, there is another face waiting to smash him back down. First, it is Samael returned to finish his work. Then, it is Nikkai’s murderer Core come to relive her death. They are followed by Dillan, Shiya, Bible, and Cobain. Larva finds himself gnashing his teeth as that immortal rage builds within him until he is certain he is prepared to fight the next enemy to greet him.

But when he surfaces for the final time, there is only Darling coughing and openly weeping as she shivers. He bites back his anger and edges closer to his daughter as she hurries to him. Comforting her has never been his strong suit, but he curls his neck over hers as he pulls her into an embrace. They are both bleeding and shaking as they try to come to terms with where their journey has taken them. The serpent kisses her temple gently and sucks in a sharp breath as he realizes how badly bruised he is.

When Nikkai speaks, they turn gingerly to face her, leaning on one another for support. Larva feels his jaws clench tightly at the news while Darling stiffens only briefly beside him. The girl buries her face against her father’s neck before pulling back to look up at him with a smile that doesn’t quite shine the way it should. Before she can speak, though, he is already shaking his head.

“<I>I will not take the life that could be yours, Darling. You have so much more light to give the world,</i>” he says with a tinge of desperation to each word. But she only laughs, gently and without any kind of mockery to the sound.

“I’m not a warrior. I couldn’t protect my brothers and sisters from a mouse,” she mumbles softly. “They need someone strong. The world needs someone angry enough to do something.. It needs you.”

And for a while, they only stare at each other in the hopes the other will back down. Larva swallows hard and wishes she hadn’t inherited both of her parents' stubborn mindset. With a long, slow sigh, he rests his cheek against her.

“<I>You are powerful in ways that I never could be. When the world wants you to crumble, you become a monument of strength. You have always been my pride and joy, Darling,</i>” he says before turning to Nikkai. “<I>But you have made your choice and I will concede to it. I will return to you when my work is done.</i>”

His breaths shudder as they leave him both from the pain and the weight of the decision they have made. When he blinks, she is already gone, and the realization blurs the edges of his vision with tears. It will be so long before he earns a place beside her in the land of the dead again.

“<I>Nikkai, I will live once more. My daughter has earned her rest,</i>” he says with a feigned sort of confidence to his voice and a stern nod of his head. He tells himself that this is the way things must be, that her gentle heart should not face the storm. She shouldn’t know a second death.

Still, his heart weighs heavy with remorse.</div></div>
    larva really doesn't cry like ever, jsyk.

Messages In This Thread
    come along to the river; round 3 - by Nikkai - 11-15-2019, 12:02 AM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by October - 11-17-2019, 12:57 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Satan - 11-17-2019, 05:04 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by brigade - 11-17-2019, 06:26 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Larva - 11-17-2019, 07:23 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Ozzie - 11-18-2019, 08:16 AM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Dillan - 11-18-2019, 11:33 AM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Cress - 11-18-2019, 01:53 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Vox - 11-18-2019, 04:22 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Nadya - 11-18-2019, 05:15 PM