• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  come along to the river; round 3
    Darkness again, he feels nothing as the water sweeps over him, his eyes closed and his body limp, almost tolerating the sudden current of the river. And then nothing, he feels as if he is flying, sudden weightlessness he has never felt before as he bounds over the waterfall. The sensation of nothing almost comforting.

To his surprise, he does not land violently, instead, he falls like a feather,  landing standing up next to his mother.
    His eyes shoot open again, the place he is in is still dark, though the atmosphere is not dull or ominous, it has more of a lulling and comforting feel to it.
    Satan only catches the ending of what Nikkai has to say, but his mother fills him in rather quickly, informing him that they would have to make a decision on who to send back to the living.

Suddenly his feelings toward his mother shift, he feels a sudden apathy toward his own interests and diverges more toward hers which is something he would have never expected.
    "I will stay here, you should be the one to go" he says rashly, his mother rather surpised by the sudden break of silence, Satan's voice piercing the hum of the waterfall nearby.

Though his mother does not agree, she shakes her head and speaks to him in his mind, telling him that she was not fit to change the world and that she deserved to stay in the land of the dead.
    Eventhough he felt what his mother had said was right, it still felt wrong to keep his mother here, away from the land of the living, even if she had done so many wrongs during her life, though despite his feelings toward his mother, he decides to agree with her.
    "Fine. Though before I go I need to tell you that I forgive you for what you did" he manages a faint smile before turning toward Nikkai "I will go, my mother will stay here" he says, afraid to look back toward his mother who stands patiently behind him.
    Satan
    free large image hosting
    Character image by the amazing Ciel on https://www.deviantart.com/millionashes

Messages In This Thread
    come along to the river; round 3 - by Nikkai - 11-15-2019, 12:02 AM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by October - 11-17-2019, 12:57 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Satan - 11-17-2019, 05:04 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by brigade - 11-17-2019, 06:26 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Larva - 11-17-2019, 07:23 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Ozzie - 11-18-2019, 08:16 AM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Dillan - 11-18-2019, 11:33 AM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Cress - 11-18-2019, 01:53 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Vox - 11-18-2019, 04:22 PM
    RE: come along to the river; round 3 - by Nadya - 11-18-2019, 05:15 PM