• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Now, my innocence is breaking; Eva and any Ischians

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

When Eva talks about time, Ilma gives a nod, then a smile. ”I could come back later, if you like.” she says with a chuckle in her voice. She’s not entirely serious - she would like to get to know Eva better on a personal level, she likes the mare, but Eva is right, too. A single meeting would not immediately turn into the deepest of friendships. But it is a good start, and Ilma would rather continue it than cut it short here.

As they walk, the sunlight-winged mare absorbs the colours of Ischia, the ever-summer a delight to she who spent the majority of her life in the pristine white of a more wintery scene; the height of the mountainous region simply did not afford summer to stick long. And it did not need to - flora and fauna had long since adapted, providing quite enough for the moon-coloured mare and her friends. Family… family she hadn’t truly had, in retrospect. Only her children remain, but most have long since left her to explore the world on their own. She knows her eldest returns to Hyaline sometimes, but she has her own family, one in which Ilma no longer fully fits. And what would the triplets want with their grandmother anyway… no, it’s better this way. She finds that the west has more sanctuaries than she initially had anticipated, but it suits her well to stick to this part of the world.

Speaking of which, she finds that Eva agrees with her that at least one such place should always exist. Ilma finds herself taking a liking to the leader of the island, nodding when she hears the purple nereid about the subject. ”Do you think Isilya would agree? I heard Ruinam had some ideas that Vulgaris rejected, but perhaps it still has potential.” she muses. Truly, she would have to visit Ruinam soon, as well. And check on Isilya and Toivo. Her son by birth, but a Tephran by now for sure.

Funny how that worked, she thinks. She wished Magnus would be here to see it - perhaps one day he could, still.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Eva] Would you be okay with finishing up in the next post or so? I’m going to slowly downgrade Ilma’s threads to one at the time (:
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Now, my innocence is breaking; Eva and any Ischians - by Ilma - 01-13-2020, 08:26 AM