• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Not all who wander are lost - any, pteron
    finger trips across my cheek----------------
    ----------------kiss me until i can't speak

Pteron’s ears flick forward at the mention of ‘strangest thing’. He does like strange things – or rather, likes understanding them – and this is no exception. “A dead mare?” He repeats with a puzzled frown, trying to imagine what Aodhan might have seen. “How did you know? That she was, you know…dead?” Though Pteron’s relationship with death is unlikely to ever result in a face-to-face meeting, he knows the same is not true for all horses. Sometimes, death is inevitable, and there is no coming back. Except…Aodhan seems to be saying that there is and the tobiano stallion mulls it over for a moment.

Not for long, though.

Aodhan mentions moving to Ischia, and Pteron nods. The thought of life in paradise is certainly appealing. Warm beaches, delicious food, more pretty women than he could ever look at in a day. Pretty men too, though their numbers had been oddly low, now that he thinks about it. Aquaria has mentioned that the place is matrilineal, but it sounds as if his spotted friend already has an in. Even if they are not especially welcoming of men as residents, surely they would make an exception for one that a fellow nereid had found worthy enough to bear multiple children.

Multiple children. The thought of the man in front of him as a father is a strange one, at odds with the boys they both were at their last meeting. They’ve grown up though, Pteron must admit. A somehow uncomfortable thought, but one that is replaced quickly at the mention of Aquaria.

“She is a little feisty,” the dun stallion says with a fond chuckle, the image of Aquaria being riled enough to bite brings a grin to his face. “What is Eva like?” Pteron asks, having found a topic they seem to have in common.“I think Aquaria said they’re cousins. Or her niece? Some sort of family, anyway.”

@[Aodhan]

-- pteron --

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Not all who wander are lost - any, pteron - by Pteron - 11-13-2019, 10:49 AM