• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a touch of wicked | any
    prague
    The silver lioness mulls the memories around, or tries to of what all had happened in the realm of the Falls during Nikkai's time. Ahh, yes. Core, we remember him, the mind says to her and while she knows just exactly how unearthing it was she must admit at some point, she was drawn to him. A moth to a flame if you will - some sinister creatures bring out the sinister in oneself. At least those who are easily swayed. Prague had always ruled with an iron fist, a sense of moral and aimed to seek out truth. Away from the throne, she was tempid at best - she could turn cold very quickly and proverbially (or I guess literally) boil over with scalding heat the next. Luckily for Beqanna, there was nothing she was attached to, nothing she loved, nothing she had a reason to fight for.

Yet.

Suddenly she is shook from her daze while thinking of the past in the grulla's presence, she feels another feline shifter approaching that seems somewhat familiar. Come on, old bat you better get quicker at recall. they hiss at her, her ears pinning back with frustration. Getting older has made these frequent transitions harder, longer to recover from. Luckily, the green eyed mare approaches and Prague begins to feel something along her chest ignite, a white hot burn -- her tattoo, while it remained mostly invisible to the untrained eye the lion claw marks steam beneath the hair, the smell of the alabaster hair singed and the small cloud of smoke circulating the already thick winter air. "I remember, Naga, it is good to see you. I did my best to save the jungle but I was but one person -- I went to the Chamber and fought with the dragons and demons. I remember the burning of my world and the physical epitaph of my life. Has it gotten better or worse? Tell me all," she says in a distant way, if it was possible for the mare to cry a small tear would have shed but there was no time for that. The past, what was - she was no longer a Queen, an Alliance contender, a nobody really and she had accepted that. Before she can ask of new happenings in this world, Nikkai talks about the awakening of the dead. Immediately she thinks of Carnage and Covet, oh how she loathed them both and those that set the Jungle on fire. Perhaps she'd meet them again, perhaps she would even the score. She takes it all in, the weight of just how terrible this could be (but good, too!) and her forelegs shake, quiver with excitement. The first adrenaline rush to pass through her body in years but it is quickly halted when a third party arrives - someone she does not know, a young spotted mare that can shift as well. She doesn't sense any reason to be on guard but as one of the first feline shifters, she feels it's appropriate.

From a thick neck and robust hip stature she shifts in an instant to a large (twice the normal size, really) silver lioness who lowers her front shoulders, stretching out her razor sharp claws and even sharper teeth as her mouth gapes, hyperextending through a yawn. She swipes ice up from the ground swiftly, a scant amount lodging itself in the smokey black surrounding her ears and snout. A haughty growl letting out, "Nice to meet you, I figured I'd join the party," she says, brushing up against Nikkai and Naga with a welcome, her tail flipping casually as she herself scales the nearest tree. Her paw hangs down, neck extended on the branch. "You know this means trouble, Nikkai, the souls who passed peacefully don't want to return to this world. Only the ones of evil intent or who had malicious intents behind their murders; like yours," she says matter-of-factly, licking the ice from her paw now. "After all, it stirred me from a long slumber."
    a touch of wicked

Messages In This Thread
    a touch of wicked | any - by prague - 11-07-2019, 03:18 PM
    RE: a touch of wicked | any - by Nikkai - 11-07-2019, 03:41 PM
    RE: a touch of wicked | any - by prague - 11-07-2019, 07:06 PM
    RE: a touch of wicked | any - by Naga - 11-07-2019, 08:38 PM
    RE: a touch of wicked | any - by Nikkai - 11-07-2019, 11:44 PM
    RE: a touch of wicked | any - by Celeana - 11-08-2019, 03:13 AM
    RE: a touch of wicked | any - by prague - 11-09-2019, 04:32 PM
    RE: a touch of wicked | any - by Nikkai - 11-13-2019, 10:36 PM