• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  light and shadows

While she had suffered through the blindness from the flash of light in relative silence and discomfort, someone else had an extremely different reaction. Words Agetta has never heard before (or, at least, not in a very, very, very long time) blast her ears in much the same violent way that the light had blasted her eyes just moments ago.

She’s confused about the light and over the words themselves (what even was a cocksucker? Maybe she could ask Ryatah or Plume and see if they knew) but the angry tone that accompanies them makes her bristle. It does not help that she is nearly blinded and feeling vulnerable - and annoyed at her vulnerability. “There’s no need to be rude. I’m sorry.” She spits the word out, making it rather clear that she wasn’t really. “It was an accident and I got myself as much as I got you if that makes you feel any better.” Though she was mostly guessing at where to project her voice, she couldn’t yet see fully enough to know exactly where the foul-mouthed stranger was so that she could look in his direction when she was speaking to him.

Gradually, her sight was beginning to clear from the blinding spots, but not fast enough for her comfort. It was only mildly comforting to know that while she was blinded, anyone else in the area would have been too. But hopefully the number of victims would just be limited to her and whoever else was near her.

She continued to shake her head, speaking out loud again - muttering her annoyance at this new development. “I thought after a century of life I would’ve stopped learning new tricks but apparently not.”

we are made of starstuff

artwork by yoricade

@[Ashhal]

Messages In This Thread
    light and shadows - by Agetta - 11-05-2019, 05:25 PM
    RE: light and shadows - by Ashhal - 11-19-2019, 12:14 AM
    RE: light and shadows - by Agetta - 12-27-2019, 05:51 PM
    RE: light and shadows - by Ashhal - 02-21-2020, 05:37 PM
    RE: light and shadows - by Agetta - 02-23-2020, 12:08 AM
    RE: light and shadows - by Ashhal - 02-28-2020, 03:59 PM
    RE: light and shadows - by Agetta - 02-28-2020, 05:13 PM
    RE: light and shadows - by Ashhal - 03-05-2020, 12:59 PM