• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i need that fire; wolfbane

If am lost, I am lost on purpose.

Alaska had not left her mother on purpose, does not know such cruelty yet, but she cannot find it in her to be sorry that she has wandered off—not when she had found someone who has control of the same very power that has been buried in her all along. She still does not understand it. She does not have a name for the thing that beats too hard in her chest and drives her to go further and further with each and every shift, but she knows that it will be a driving force for her entire life. She knows she will be obsessed with it.

So watching him mirror her with an ever greater prowess, and even greater bank of knowledge, can only delight her—can only cause her to shiver with excitement, with the want to know more, be more.

He shifts again and her eyes widen with delight as he takes to the skies.

“Wolfbane!” she cries out, loving the name immediately. “Wooooolfbane,” she repeats it again, dragging out the syllables and then cackling to herself, rolling on her back and throwing her paws at nothing in particular in the air. She continues to laugh as he flaps above her, giggling even as he reaches for her face and she just scrunches up her nose in response. “I’ll call you that but I still think Alaska is better.”

Rolling over again, she shifts back into her filly form, feeling that familiar exhaustion tugging at the back of her mind when she has exerted her shifting too much. Combined with the flight and the multiple shifts, it’s more than she’s done so far, but she’s not the type to admit to it. Instead she jigs in place, lifting her white and gold nose toward him, as if she could reach the sky even without the wings to do it.

“I have no idea what I’m doing half the time,” she admits with a smile to his question about what she is doing here, and it’s the truth. She has no grand plan guiding her. “But I usually figure it out eventually.”

Alaska

Messages In This Thread
    i need that fire; wolfbane - by alaska - 11-04-2019, 10:41 PM
    RE: i need that fire; wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 11-05-2019, 09:06 PM
    RE: i need that fire; wolfbane - by alaska - 11-09-2019, 01:10 PM
    RE: i need that fire; wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 11-09-2019, 03:36 PM
    RE: i need that fire; wolfbane - by alaska - 11-11-2019, 11:43 PM
    RE: i need that fire; wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 11-16-2019, 01:57 AM
    RE: i need that fire; wolfbane - by alaska - 11-17-2019, 02:13 PM