• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  black water take over; any
    The overo mare introduces herself as Catcher, which is a very nice name, and Celina tells her so. “It’s a very good name,” she assures Catcher, deciding that it would be polite to not tell her that she already knew what catcher meant. It’s good to be polite, and perhaps Rivuline hadn’t known. For a moment, she thinks she had seen something like teeth in Catcher’s mouth, and gold rather than her current eye color. She starts to ask Catcher to show her again, but then the greying mare begins to speak about traveling and kingdom boundaries and finding a warm place to stay.

The idea of warmth is certainly appealing, and judging from the way that Rivuline shiver, the sea mare might like it even more. If they stay here a little longer though, the cold will numb their skin and it will start to feel warm again. The white filly considers offering this as an option, but a brief moment of thought reminds her that they might not be like her family. Their bodies might not regenerate from frostbite so easily, so it is comforting to see that they do both begin to head for the windbreak provided by the trees.

Celina, who had landed face-first twice in the snow by time they reach shelter, does not think twice about Rivuline’s brief slip. “Like in in the ocean?” She asks instead, turning her nestle her slim body against a broad tree trunk. It blocks most of the wind, she finds. “I’m from Taiga,” she adds, “but I went to the western ocean once, with Mom and Lilli. Mom said her Dad lives there but I didn’t get to see him. I’ve never gotten to see him.” The white filly doesn’t sound disappointed by this fact, it is just more information to tell these new friends.

Messages In This Thread
    black water take over; any - by Rivuline - 11-03-2019, 09:04 AM
    RE: black water take over; any - by Celina - 11-05-2019, 11:44 PM
    RE: black water take over; any - by Catcher - 11-06-2019, 11:23 AM
    RE: black water take over; any - by Rivuline - 11-07-2019, 12:59 AM
    RE: black water take over; any - by Celina - 11-07-2019, 09:57 AM
    RE: black water take over; any - by Catcher - 11-09-2019, 11:10 AM
    RE: black water take over; any - by Rivuline - 11-15-2019, 12:26 AM
    RE: black water take over; any - by Celina - 11-15-2019, 08:01 PM
    RE: black water take over; any - by Catcher - 11-19-2019, 10:30 AM
    RE: black water take over; any - by Rivuline - 11-19-2019, 02:19 PM
    RE: black water take over; any - by Celina - 11-19-2019, 09:32 PM