• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

She sells seashells by the sea shore // kahzie
    It's wonderful to lose herself to the heady intoxication of his kissed, her soft laughter punctuating the thrilling trail he'd been tracing along her face. And when she speaks, he laughs in return. She loved that she could do that, bring so much joy to the fellow who lit her up from inside. She meant it though, her warning. 

If they could be like this forever, she wouldn't change a thing. Let them be friends, best friends, who brightened each other's days endlessly. How long had they know each other? Something more than a year. Not so long, really. But she wouldn't mind knowing him more. To prove to him and his mother that she could be as good as her word, and to be as true a friend as she knew how. Surely only good could come from a friendship like that. 

So she drank in his hot and cold kisses, savored them. Memorized every scent and sound and sensation the moment had to offer. Something to treasure in darker days ahead. Her pearl white head rested against the cloud of his mane when the kisses stopped coming, took a steadying breath. "Deal," she agreed, her tone lighthearted and yet still carrying just a touch of reality. "I won't tie you down as long as you don't fall in love with me. Sounds fair." And then it was her turn to hesitate, an unformed question hovering on her tongue only to be swallowed again. 

One more kiss, cool as rain on his cheek, and the nereid stepped delicately from the shelter of his embrace. Too much, too fast, and the knowledge that more could destroy the fragile balance they had struck here. Her curious swimming gait took her a short ways from him before she realized she had no clear idea of where she was going. "Ah... Yes. I suppose that is why I came. What would you like to show me?" She said over her shoulder with a taste of chargrin. How easy would it be to get "carried away"? And would it really be such a bad thing?

Unbidden in her mind's eye rose an image overlaying the winter scene. Pteron, looking at her warm enough to make her forget the frosty air. Her smiling sweetly back. And between them, some perfect child, every bit the balance between their sea and sky. 

Such a child would know nothing but love, she had no doubt. Her promise, so recently spoken, hung heavy on her tongue. Naive, she was so, stupidly naive to let such an image in. It was shoved harshly back to the far depths of her mind, where she hoped it would stay. Let it be enough that he was here now, and her friend. He clearly was content with such an agreement, she could be as well. 

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She sells seashells by the sea shore // kahzie - by Aquaria - 11-09-2019, 05:38 PM