• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

She sells seashells by the sea shore // kahzie
    It was utterly bizarre to be walking here alongside the pegasus mare, discussing the intricacies of relationships. This felt so much harder than diplomacy. Going to other lands, talking about much larger things than what was felt between just two. Friendship had been the topic the first time they had met too, hadn't it? And yet today it felt that it was her own heart under inspection today. A far more frightening prospect. 

She knew this, and still managed to trip over her own feet when the Comtesse spoke again. Marriage! Who had been talking about marriage? Had Pteron? Was Pteron getting married? To who? Probably some pretty, clever thing with an impeccable bloodline. She couldn't see Lepis approving anything less than a perfect match for her son. An island girl, with no connections and only a herdland behind her did not match that description. 

Well. Hopefully he'd still be able to hold their friendship when love came for him. She recovered from her stumble, only to come to a halt shortly after. Emotion she hardly understood welled up inside like a tidal wave, and she wished she could just stop and think about what the hell was happening today. But first, first, she needed to get one thing straight. 

"I don't hurt my friends, Comtessse. I'm sorry if I've done something to make you think I would, but that's not who I am. Whatever is between Pteron and me, whatever you think is going on with us, willfully hurting him is not and will never be included." She was nowhere near as experienced at hiding her feelings as the elder woman was. Her face betrayed the pain she had been struck with by having to declare something so basic about herself. The nereid was not afraid to fight when times called for it, but her nature did not lend itself to spite and vindictiveness. Hopefully that was something the Comtesse would come to believe, eventually. 

The remainder of their walk felt different after her outburst, and she wasn't certain if she should regret it or not. Not, she decided. The winged woman had every right to feel protective of her son. Aquaria hoped her own family would feel as strongly for her if the situation were reversed. However, she had to stand up for herself as well. The pale mare's manner was subdued, however, by the time they reached their destination. 

She smiled weakly in return to Lepis' announcement, nodding politely in her turn. "Very kind of you, I'm sure." Her manner was retreating behind etiquette, a soft, squishy creature ducking back into the only shell she had. Hopefully Pteron would arrive soon, though now she felt thoroughly unsure of how she could greet him. As herself, probably. A warm breath exhaled on the crisp air as she shivered, though not with cold this time. 

The shiver ran from nose to tail, and it melted away her scales like a warm touch to frost. There was no winter coat to reveal, only thin summer hair, but her body felt a little more right now that she was just herself. Less powerful, only merely pretty instead of the unearthly glamour her aquatic shape afforded. Fins still crowned her, and draped from her dock, but they were shorter now. If Pteron was going to see her here, he may as well see her without the magic. 

@[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She sells seashells by the sea shore // kahzie - by Aquaria - 11-06-2019, 12:33 PM