• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

She sells seashells by the sea shore // kahzie
    She had been about to give up on this beach, to maybe try another along the stretch of land, or to go home and come back another day. When a voice did respond, it was not the one she'd been anticipating. It was not one unfamiliar to the pearly mare, however. She smiled, happy to see a familiar face at least. To chat with the lady who had visited them not too long ago. 

"Comtesse! It's nice to see you. How are Celina and Lilliana?" She chimed, then paused. "Your son? Pteron... Is your son. Of course he is." Well. She wasn't cold anymore. Blood flushed the surface of her skin as the sea mare made the connection that had been laid out so plainly before her. Her friend kept his secrets well, it seemed. She wished he'd said something before she had managed to put her hoof so efficiently into her mouth. 

She sighed as the breeze came of the ocean, bustling into her exposed sides carelessly. How did they live out here in the winter? A dazed smile lifted the pink edges of her mouth as she lifted violet eyes heavenward. "He's got the right idea. Only wish I'd known. A hot spring sounds wonderful right about now." A rueful laugh followed her words. 

It was a disappointment, of course, to know that the one she'd come to visit wasn't near. And the newly found knowledge that she had met his mother before without knowing it was a bit of a shock. She hadn't really talked about her parents either, but the odds of him meeting them were clearly much slimmer. Still, the girl shrugged the disappointment off like water. She was here, she may as make the most of it. 

And Lepis seemed like a role model to look up to. Her poise was seemingly effortless, a skill Aquaria had no natural talent for. Scars that rose and fell on the woman's body betrayed a past that seemed at odds with her subtle demeanor. Or maybe it was the cause of it. Either way, Aquaria figured she didn't know the woman well enough to pry. 

Lepis betrayed nothing when she asked after the connection between her and the Comtess' son. "Er, yeah, we're friends. Didn't seem fair for him to always be the one traveling, so I figured it was my turn to visit." She blew out a hot breath that crystallized was soon as it hit the air. "Sorry, I'm not trying to be a sunfish. I can be off, I'm sure you've got things to attend to. Just... Let him know I was here? I'd appreciate it." 

She felt stupid, to say the least, standing here shivering in front of Pteron's mother. Had he ever visited Ischia looking for her when she wasn't there? He'd never mentioned it if that were the case. She might have vanished into the water herself without a word, had the lady not intercepted her first. 

@[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She sells seashells by the sea shore // kahzie - by Aquaria - 11-03-2019, 03:59 PM