• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [open]  We are unlovable; any

you said you'd wait forever, but I blinked and the world was gone

There was no time to waste in closing the gap between them, Briella had… after all, been eager from the start at recognizing him. Such it was she ventured close and barely bothered to hide the bits of frost on her already odd colored coat or the way the ice gently struck together and made a sound akin to glass chimes when the breeze blew. Leilan had crossed the water, he’d traversed the mountains… he’d seen the disaster and horror of the plague and perhaps had even known it’s ravages; but more importantly- she remembered that in some strange way she had once regarded him as family.

Quietly lifting her head and listening she mulled over his words, her mind racing with images of the leopard seal and the water… of the pressure on her chest and how badly her lungs hurt. She recalled the taste of blood, her blood, and the first time she saw the lake… the fairies had been so cruel and yet? She conquered that quest. Trudged through snow and ice… made her own path where another yet existed and she remembered that in this world- the easiest paths were the most dangerous, one must carve themselves through fury and elements if they wished to help.

“I was changed, over time, and I never quite gave up the things I earned for my failings.”  she spoke, tossing back the icicle mane and tail… lifting a leg to show the gemstone hooves, and even exposing her eyes for him to see: hemimorphite and shining.  “Pretty things and cold things, all of which I have become made of, but, I hold no grudges: this is simply the nature of the world around us. We are born one thing and we journey to become something else.”

Had she the ability, she would have shrugged, but she spoke with a kindness in her words: nodding her head in agreement and acknowledgement.  “Part of me always wondered if I should claim it, fight for it… if I should make this mine. I found it first, after all. But I’m not here for that. I was sent on a task by the Fairies and I thought I might meditate to find answers here. You know, at the place where I first went to try to save the world.”

Sighing to herself, Briella felt anguish in her failings… and her head shook softly.

“Not immune, just used to it. But… I have to find others and ask questions, I need to hear about other peoples experiences with friends and family. Positive or negative.”  she blinked, looking up at Leilan quietly.  “It is very cold…” 

BRIELLA

@[Leilan]
    PVP: On
    Minor Injury, and Some Mutilation Permitted.

Messages In This Thread
    We are unlovable; any - by Leilan - 10-27-2019, 08:23 AM
    RE: We are unlovable; any - by Briella - 10-30-2019, 05:09 PM
    RE: We are unlovable; any - by Leilan - 11-03-2019, 05:51 AM
    RE: We are unlovable; any - by Briella - 11-04-2019, 09:50 PM
    RE: We are unlovable; any - by Leilan - 11-05-2019, 10:58 AM