• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [open]  We are unlovable; any
    You’re uncontrollable
    and we are unlovable
    The ice, at least, hadn’t changed a bit. Perhaps that made it easier to come live here again for another year, to adjust to the stark grey-and-white surroundings once more - or perhaps, on an emotional level, it might make it worse; he recalled a great many events here, after all - most included highly emotional events, some bad, some good.

But Leilan had found a trick to prevent the latter, and had closed off his past with a loud shutting of that door. He wouldn’t involve himself again, he decided. Setting course straight north towards the heart-shaped lake, he decided he’d live there, as that was the coldest place, and with minimal involvement in his old life if he could.

Of course that idea failed as soon as someone recognized him. Though he could not say he knew the mare who approached him, by heart. Curiously, he studied her as she approached. Ice in her mane and tail, no, for her mane and tail, suggested she had been one of the many who went with him on that day that he got frozen all-over (probably due to the long swim through the ocean he’d taken). Maybe she recognized him that way - or from his previous time as the leader of this place. Who knew.

She was polite enough to give him her name, and that was indeed something he remembered. ”Briella? You look different.” He recognized he was stating the obvious, but he didn’t really care. Listening to her - rambling, indeed - he outed a low chuckle. ”The Isle was never deserted completely. I’ve lived here a good many years, then left it to my brother in arms, Jesper.” he explains. ”So far I haven’t seen that change.”

He shrugs a little, shaking his head at her mentioning Nerine. ”Things changed, both here and there. I’ve been away too, for a while, and when I returned, it seemed only Heartfire was still there.” After all, his niece could be trusted to persist forever, he mused, though he wouldn’t tell Briella this. It’s quite possible she had already seen her adoptive mother recently. ”Lived in the Hyaline mountains recently, but a fairy sent me this way for the next year to prove myself.” Briella, he recalled, had also visited the Mountain once or twice, so she probably knew very well what he was talking about.

He swishes his tail, looking from her to their surroundings. ”Though you look the part, I don’t think you’re immune to the cold though. What brings you here?” Memories, perhaps, he wonders. The very things he’d decided he would try to avoid.

Ironically, the way the world - and the fae - worked.

and I don’t want you to think that I care
    I never would, I never
    could again
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Briella]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    We are unlovable; any - by Leilan - 10-27-2019, 08:23 AM
    RE: We are unlovable; any - by Briella - 10-30-2019, 05:09 PM
    RE: We are unlovable; any - by Leilan - 11-03-2019, 05:51 AM
    RE: We are unlovable; any - by Briella - 11-04-2019, 09:50 PM
    RE: We are unlovable; any - by Leilan - 11-05-2019, 10:58 AM