• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a tall ship and a star to steer her by
    to the lonely sea and sky

Oceane has always known herself to be a creature of the early morning. The tenderness of dew as it clings to sleepy verdant grasses has been known to draw her golden eyes, where her gaze could linger for hours. The crisp early-dawn air had always felt different to the pegasi, as if it tenderly cradled and protected the secrets of every early-riser it had ever greeted.

That's why she had chosen this morning, this early morning, to pilot her opalescent frame into her new home for the first time, succinctly believing that nothing bad can happen within dawn's embrace.

Her moment of silent appreciation of Loess is suspended by the approach of someone new and unfamiliar. Oceane turns her amber eyes, almost begrudgingly, away from the blanket of mountains and pillows of clouds above it to greet the silver bay stallion. She nods her head in response to his observation, finding pleasure in being compared to the night sky but unwilling to dwell in the compliment for more than a moment.

"I have recently agreed to live here," Oceane tells him as she notices the golden streaks in his mane, the tinsel catching the light of the sun as it continues to rise in the morning sky. Just as it had happened with Loess, her appreciation of this attribute is short-lived as the new duo is approached by a third.

Oceane appraises the tobiano mare quickly, her gilded eyes seeing a comfortability with Loess and her fluttering nostrils noting the scent of sea salt on the woman's skin. "Thank you," she responds as the other woman settles herself comfortably into the conversation before clearing her throat and introducing herself, already anticipating the conclusion of these niceties for the opportunity to explore Loess in great length.

"I am Oceane."

@[Leilan] @[Isobell] | speech
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a tall ship and a star to steer her by - by Oceane - 10-30-2019, 09:30 AM