• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i hear hurricanes blowing; Lilliana
    lepis, comtesse of taiga
    RUN AND TELL ALL OF THE ANGELS; THIS COULD TAKE ALL NIGHT
    i think i need a devil to help me get things right

Though Lepis has no ability to read minds, there is no need for such a gift. Something she has said upset Lilliana, or at the very least reminded her of something upsetting.

The sympathy lances through her in an instant, the sharp pain of an empath, and Lepis apologizes without needing to even think about it. “I’m sorry. We won’t talk about that.” There exist emotions capable of far more damage than pride, Lepis knows this from experience. 

This is perhaps the first time Lepis has weighed her own pride as less than the comfort of a near-stranger, and surely the quickest. 

The apology feels strange on her tongue, and once more Lepis pins the other mare with an unreadable blue-grey gaze. It lasts just for a moment, just long enough for Lepis to confirm there is something that doesn’t quite fit in their conversation. Knowing what that might would be all put impossible for her to suss out, even if she had not just given her work to change the topic.

Lilliana means to make Taiga her home, Lepis reasons. They will have years to get to know each other.

“I would like to promote you,” the Comtesse tells the copper mare, “You have a bright future in diplomacy, I think.” Her smile is warm, even maternal, and there is a bit of good humor in voice when she chuckle that: “There’s always the Guards to join, if you want to defend our home with your teeth and hooves as well.”

Messages In This Thread
    i hear hurricanes blowing; Lilliana - by Lepis - 10-25-2019, 07:31 AM
    RE: i hear hurricanes blowing; Lilliana - by Lepis - 11-12-2019, 09:28 PM