• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

but i can still remember just the way you taste; castile/any
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Their presence is a balm to his worries. Even with a looming sense of grim doom, Castile smiles in the embrace of his siblings and father. For the first time in years, they are together - truly together. A deep warmth blankets across them all, and when he glances to Cyorin he sees how much of a novelty this is to her. Since birth, she has been confined to the familial cave but never truly experiencing this intimate sense of love and adoration. Her eyes close to drink in the moment and savor each passing second that father presses his muzzle to her or Bronsonn leans into her side or Valera speaks in her bright, uplifting voice. ”I’ve been waiting so long for this moment,” she confesses in a voice low enough that only they can hear, their ball of memories and adoration.

Castile admiringly nudges Cyprin before flickering his eyes to Valera, grinning at her as they embrace. ”Welcome home,” he murmurs warmly into her skin, ”you belong wherever the family is.” How silly, he almost comments, for her to question whether they will have her. They are all stronger together, a powerful force when united.

They flock like lambs to a shepherd. Father stands at the core, calling to them and reassuring them that they are all home, that they are where they belong. Loess seemed so empty without them all so actively joined. Now, the air tastes of fire and brimstone as their draconic family assembles beneath the summer sun.

And as much as Castile wants to roar in triumph or blow a plume of smoke in sheer joy, nothing happens. As much as he suppresses his disappointment, it comes as no surprise that father already knows. His parents have always known him best. They peel back his layers without ever even trying.

Regarding Lior with an angled look, Castile suddenly frowns. ”Although temporary, I am no longer a dragon. I was greedy and wanted more, but the faeries made a mockery of me,” he casts his gaze aside, both irritated and ashamed. For years, he has been happy with all that he has, but with a looming shadow edging closer to Loess – to his family – he could not resist tasting more. Now, he is paying the consequences but still questioning what more he could do to protect what he has built.

castile

@[Lior]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: but i can still remember just the way you taste; castile/any - by Castile - 10-19-2019, 10:19 AM