• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

but i can still remember just the way you taste; castile/any
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    It could have been faster, the reunion of a father and his children. Were the wings still protruding from his shoulders, Castile could have quickly descended from the mountainous peaks of the cave to greet Lior at Loess’ gates. Alas, with the faeries magic having drained him, he is forced to walk the perilous trails that wind down the summit and heavily gallop across the rocky knolls of the kingdom.

Only Sochi knows of his punishments.

In reality, no one should know. It’s a weakness, a vulnerability.

So, as an excuse for the delay, Castile ushers Cyprin alongside him so that they may meet with Bronsonn and Lior together.

Sweat glistens across their coats – so different no matter how similar their blood – and dances in the sunlight as their hooves eat away the distance among them. Cyprin is the first to shout, her sing-song voice piercing the sky as she gains momentum. With bright eyes, she calls first to her twin, then their father. Her sliding halt still roughly collides them, but she is unapologetic as she straightens herself to embrace them both. ”I’ve missed you so much,” her labored breaths lower into strained whispers as she shuts her eyes to savor the moments. As the warmth of her skin mingles with theirs, Castile arrives.

”Father,” his mismatched eyes immediately scour the gunmetal of Lior, drinking in a sight that he has missed for so long. A languid smile softens the hard edges of his face, crinkling the scars obtained from the war. A sigh slips through him while at a loss for words before he turns onto Bronsonn and playfully nips him. ”My brother,” he states with a voice brimming with adoration for their family. Cyprin regards him then and nudges against him. ”How have you both been?” Better than him, he imagines. Their draconic nature nearly reverberates through the space among them, and for the first time, Castile is envious. His mind reels again, searching for the beast that has always lurked beneath the surface, but there is nothing. No fire, no ferocity, no power. Flinching beneath the stress of his own thoughts, he soothes the ache with distraction and silence as his metallic eyes dance among them.

castile

@[Lior]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: but i can still remember just the way you taste; castile/any - by Castile - 10-14-2019, 12:45 PM