• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  just a relic

The stallion before her is fascinating, Agetta can’t really help but just watch him as he moves because the way he moves is not entirely equine, and – like his name – it tickles something in the back of her memory. But, if she could see that memory, she’d know that she was thinking of another dark stallion who could shift into a black panther. She’s been in a feline shape enough to recognize the stretch when she sees it, however, and a small quirk of a smile lights up her expression for a moment. She hasn’t known many other shifters – just Atrox, and he is hardly a friend.

She remains rooted to her spot when Set sidles closer, and if she had eyebrows they might be raised. She does not feel intimidated (though, she probably should) – but her curiosity about this pied stranger certainly is growing.

Agetta can’t say that she particularly minds the closeness. It feels... nice to have someone's attention. However fleeting, however shallow and temporary their conversation may end up being.

When Set lapses into silence, she doesn’t notice. The pale mare is too busy wondering whether the Gates was something he had mentioned by chance or if her connection to that land was obvious. She had given her life for that kingdom once, and then had claimed a second life to return for it too. Even though it is gone, she imagines that it is etched into her skin like a tattoo.

Her first gut reaction to his question is a “Yes.” And it’s breathed quietly. But once she has longer than a heartbeat to think about it, she shakes her head at her own selfishness. “No, I don’t think I would.” Her midnight gaze shifts from him, looking out across the river, looking at the strange landscape around them. “I felt like a ghost then too, once the generations moved on without me.” Perhaps she could have tried harder to be a part of that future. It’s just another on her list of failures.

Finally, her gaze focuses on him again and there’s a sad smile in those eyes now. “It was worse to stand in my home and feel like I did not belong than it is to stand here and feel like a relic of a forgotten past.”

headshot by Leah! <3

@[Set]

Messages In This Thread
    just a relic - by Agetta - 10-08-2019, 06:50 PM
    RE: just a relic - by Set - 10-10-2019, 03:01 AM
    RE: just a relic - by Agetta - 10-16-2019, 05:51 PM
    RE: just a relic - by Set - 10-25-2019, 01:57 AM
    RE: just a relic - by Agetta - 10-26-2019, 08:14 PM
    RE: just a relic - by Set - 11-02-2019, 05:02 PM
    RE: just a relic - by Agetta - 11-05-2019, 10:34 AM
    RE: just a relic - by Set - 11-12-2019, 01:14 AM
    RE: just a relic - by Agetta - 12-15-2019, 07:26 PM