• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  lost in the centuries

The sight of a familiar face feels like someone as kicked her right in the chest. She was so worried that the first face she was going to see was the one that had helped her construct the walls that kept her away all these years. It was a friendly face – one she remembered from diplomatic visits, from alliances formed.

Her name spoken by someone else nearly brings Agetta to tears – it’s been so long, too long – and such a simple thing is enough to break her in the state she is in. She watches with wide, glittering midnight eyes as Ryatah comes towards her, fighting these embarrassing reactions threatening to bubble up within her. Still, she cannot help the way her breathing hitches just as Ryatah’s muzzle connects with her skin.

“Ryatah.” The name rushes out of her as a sigh, barely audible and gentle as she returns the touch – her muzzle ghosting along the neck of the other white mare, as though to convince herself that this was really happening.

This greeting is probably far more familiar than they ever got in their other lives, but here’s a mare who shares some of her past and that connection is enough for Agetta. It solidifies something within her.

“I don’t know how to answer that question.” Agetta laughs sadly. “Better now, though.” Her smile warms, so unbelievably appreciative of this warm welcome. “I’ve been wandering, trying to get away and failing. Beqanna always calls me back but I feel like… like I’ve been a ghost. Like I’ve been half-dead for so many years.” She’s been so disconnected from Beqanna for so long, so incapable of moving on to anywhere else. Whether it’s another land or back to the afterlife where she’s increasingly feeling like she belongs.

A heartbeat later and she feels a little embarrassed about this jumble of thoughts she has shared so she attempts to turn the conversation around a little bit. “How about you? What’s it like, living here now that things have changed once more?”

Agetta

@[Ryatah]

Messages In This Thread
    lost in the centuries - by Agetta - 10-02-2019, 09:43 AM
    RE: lost in the centuries - by Ryatah - 10-13-2019, 06:41 PM
    RE: lost in the centuries - by Agetta - 10-16-2019, 06:34 PM
    RE: lost in the centuries - by Ryatah - 10-30-2019, 12:55 AM
    RE: lost in the centuries - by Agetta - 11-05-2019, 09:58 AM