• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  fell asleep inside a fantasy, Badden
    The breeze gently shifts her forelock and it is like a curtain has parted; a veil lifted. His eyes, still focused with hers, get an even deeper look. He studies them, the pale blue, the shape and the expression within. Moments pass slow between them, hearts beat like the gentle 'tick tock' of time. He can't help but wonder what is going through her mind. If he were Kharon, he wouldn't have to wonder, but telepathy was not his gift. But then of course, thoughts are private. Maybe she was thinking about how handsome he is and that's why she looks so nervous. This thought almost brings one corner of his lips up, but he holds it. He's sure that wasn't it at all, but a guy could hope. 

In the next heartbeat, her mouth parts and she speaks her name. He finds his gaze travels to her lips and he does smile this time. "Casimira." He repeats in his roughened voice, liking the way it rolls off the tongue. "Pretty." Reilly had once told him that a woman's name was like a shot of the black stuff the man liked so much. To taste it was to walk a dangerous line, for it could go smooth or it could burn sweetly and leave you wanting more. Badden didn't really understand that all too well before, but he thinks he is starting to. She hesitates a bit when answering his question, in such a way that he knows means it might not be truth, but he doesn't press her. She is smiling now, and even though it doesn't reach those sad and worried eyes, he's happy she's giving that little bit. He decides it doesn't really matter what she's thinking and maybe it's better to get her mind off of whatever it was. He finds he would like to see how those blue eyes would look if her smile did touch them.

Oh, but then her gaze slides down his neck and over his wings. And just as though his skin could feel their path, his feathers ruffle a bit and he feels an itch under the right wing where sweat was drying into his skin. Lifting it so, Badden's neck flexes as he reaches back to scratch it. In doing so, he certainly does not hope she notices the breadth of his musculature. His head lifts once more when he hears her voice again, asking where he'd come from. He smiles at her interest and recognizes the change of subject, content to oblige her. "I am and I'm not." He laughs lightly, tossing his violet hair back again before continuing. "I'm from Ischia, and that's where I've come from now. Over the last couple of years, I've been..." He breaks his gaze away and thinks for a moment (about the family's displacement, having to take refuge at the Island Resort for a while, his travels with Lacey and Reilly to his homeland) before deciding on something simpler. "Here and there." Eyes like magnets return to hers and his head tips toward her, pointing his horn her way. "What about you, Casimira. Are you not from here?" His voice deepens when he asks it, enjoying the taste of her name once more. His face remains soft with a light smile, inviting her to speak some more.
    BADDEN

omg, terrible. I am sorry lol

Messages In This Thread
    RE: fell asleep inside a fantasy, Badden - by Badden - 09-30-2019, 11:58 PM