• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  breaking like the waves down on the coastline; larke

carried by the current of the morning
    miles below the surface of the dawn

Larke is not sure what she expects to find when Eva begins talking, but she is pleased when the mare is warm and pleasant. She instantly relaxes, trusting the mare the color of deep sunsets with an innate trust that comes easily to her kind heart. Larke has no reason to believe that another would try to trick her or would be deceptive in anyway and so she eases into the conversation, her face unguarded and warm.

“I look forward to meeting everyone,” she says softly, enthusiasm buried in the layers of shy and quiet. “Eva, it is so nice to meet you,” her smile tips the edges of her lips up as the flowers cascade down her shoulders and she rolls them, releasing the tension that has continued to buil up between them.

She listens as the mare tells her of her life story, finding herself imagining what it would be like to grow up on the island. Would it have been different than Tephra—especially the land so ravaged by war? “She sounds lovely,” it’s an honest statement and Larke finds that she wishes she could have gotten to know the mare better. If only the circumstances were not what they were. If only—

But Larke has never been one to become trapped by such statements and she lets it slide into the air with her next exhale, refocusing on the mare’s face once more. “It is beautiful,” she brightens at the thought of her childhood home. “It was charred for so long but my mother and her friend Isilya have been working so hard to regrow it and they have become…enthusiastic.” She laughs, lightly, the sound like chimes.

“Eva, I have a favor to ask of you,” she frowns slightly, feeling a rush of embarrassment swell in her chest. “I’ve never lead anything before, and I’m just now getting to know Ischia more.” She drops her head a little before glancing back up again. “Would you—would you mind co-leading with me?”

this is not the place that I was born in
    but it doesn't mean it's not the place where I belong

larke

@[Eva]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: breaking like the waves down on the coastline; larke - by larke - 10-13-2019, 02:52 PM