• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so reckless you might start feeling; beth

I can get there on my own. you can leave me here alone.

He feels that same surge of pride.
    As she leans into him, kisses the edge of his mouth.

Because she had come to him in a panic and it would have been so easy for her fear to spiral into something darker. Something with teeth. Something that would destroy whatever it was that stood between it and her daughter. But he had coaxed out of her some rationality and she had allowed him to lend her some of his calm. They had set out with purpose instead, the two of them on a mission to locate their daughter. Rather than her charging through the forest, gnashing her teeth and spitting her venom, and him trailing helplessly after.

This is better, he thinks, because no good ever came from panic.

She speaks quietly and he has to lean his head in her direction to catch it. Dragons? Had he known there were dragons here? He has never ventured to the heart of the land, always skirted its borders in all of his wandering. He has always been gifted at walking the tight-ropes between lands for fear that he might be branded an interloper.

He merely nods his understanding. His sense of self-preservation has begun to restore itself now that he has a family and he has no desire to expose himself to dragons.

He cannot imagine their daughter staying here either, mercifully. The corners of his mouth lilt up in the beginnings of a grin and he nods. “She’s tough but I can’t imagine her trying to start a fight with a dragon just yet.

She mentions her love of the forest and the smile remains, the expression soft as he studies her. “We’ll find her,” he says, though he doesn’t need to.

BETHLEHEM

I'm just tryin' to do what's right. oh, a man ain't a man unless he's fought the fight.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: so reckless you might start feeling; beth - by bethlehem - 09-08-2019, 02:04 AM