• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

love was a country we couldn't defend, thorn
    Thorn is a clumsy creature, one that stumbles over his words just as much as he stumbles over his legs. His lack of tact is made up for with the wild gleam of his smile and the roguish glint in his eyes. There is a feral boy deep inside of him, a handsome boy—a horse that draws upon the wolffish instincts he was born into. His mother taught him love, though—and his siblings taught him patience—and that untamed being snowballed down a mountain of unbidden, rosy love.

The girl before Thorn reminds him of that warm love Wonder has always freely given. She holds that same fire his mother does, a kindness and a ferocity of equal strengths. His heart skips a beat when her gaze meets his—mostly because he has never had a girl look at him the way she is looking at him, but also because her secretive eyes seem depthless in their curiosity. Thorn’s mouth widens to match Prayer’s grin because he cannot help himself: such life is so infectious.

Aware that there is little space between them now that the girl has settled next to him, Thorn holds his breath and catches glimpses of her face from the corner of his eye. He realizes all too late that her mischievous has gone unanswered, and he blurts out on the breath he is holding, “Well, let’s find out!” The colt then launches himself into the frigid water without a thought for his health, immediately regretting his decision as the icy temperature numbs his legs and underbelly. He peers back Prayer awkwardly, timid eyes glistening and remorseful.
    thorn
    under your skin, over the moon

don't let me in, I don't know what I'd do

roses are fallin', roses from fallin' for you, ooh

Messages In This Thread
    RE: love was a country we couldn't defend, thorn - by thorn - 10-13-2019, 05:54 PM